Map Preview Preview/ WIP: Azur (Beta 2.7)

Jan 23, 2015
6th Circle of Hell.
MAJOR UPDATE: I have gathered feedback and I have determined that Azur will be seeing a total revamp in the not too distant future. I want to thank the testers for testing my map in a 2v2 setting for providing me your opinions. I've learned from all this and I'm confident in my new design that I have floating around in my mind. When the time comes for the relaunch I will delete this thread to reduce clutter. Thank you all for the suggestions/ feedback. It was fun.

Azur; a Symmetrical Close Quarters map, designed for chaotic 4v4 play. A simple to load up map built for Casual/ Competitive play. The reason I say this is because I do not have Static Weapon spawns at the moment, weapons are on the default spawn timers just like the base shipped maps. All game modes are supported (Except for Race.) I am looking for feedback and play-testers to see what needs to be changed/ tweaked. All players of various skills are welcome, so hit me up on my XBL Profile: LopezDeLaGuerra. Hope to have fun with you all soon! I'll also put in a date on Halo Customs as well.

azurblucamera.png

Blue:
azurbluspawn.png

Red:
azurredspawn.png

Interests:
azurspeedboost.png
(Speedboost: Slayer, CTF, Oddball only.)
azurshottyspawn.png
(Shotgun Spawn)
azurblucannon.png
azurredcannon.png
(Man cannons on each side are an alternate route to shotgun spawn.)
azurovershield.png
(Overshield: KOTH only.)
azuractivecamo.png
(Active Camo: Ricochet only.)

GameTypes:

- Slayer
- Capture The Flag
- Oddball
- King of The Hill
- Assault
- Infection
- Juggernaut
- Ricochet
- Territories

Weapons:

- Sentinel Beam x2
- Plasma Grenade x8
- Silenced SMG x2
- Magnum Pistol x2
- Frag Grenade x4
- Brute Shot x2
- Brute Plasma Rifle x2
- Shotgun
- Assault Rifle x2

Powerups:

- Overshield
- Active Camouflage
- Speedboost

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2015
6th Circle of Hell.
REMINDER BUMP:

The Map Test date is in the Customs section, and I know things aren't so hot with the MCC right now. I just wanted to show what I was able do for fun during this time frame and hope to have a good time with whoever's left in this community. My concerns at this point for Azur is if weapon balance works for what I imagine, a smile on my face laughing good time. Along with other issues concerning map flow and balance for objective gametypes. As for any Highly Experienced forgers that are willing to join, please don't hesitate on dissecting my map. BRUTAL HONESTY is deeply appreciated, and don't miss out. I'll add you all when the time comes around (like an hour/ 30 minutes before the custom lobby starts) and I hope to have a blast with you all regardless of what obstacles come in our way.

-Orzium-

Distinguished
I understand this is probably your first map and you are an un-experienced forger but I am going to be brutally honest as it will make you develop as a forger if i'm honest. These are my three top tips that you should implement into your map or fix up.

1. You need to understand that your making an 4v4 which entails creating a mid sized map. This means this map has to be expended upon and made larger. Also the number of power weapons and power ups is scary. I would recommended looking at matchmaking maps and notice that their are few power weapons and power ups on these maps, usually 3 power weapons or two power weapons and a power ups. Limit your map too this.

2. This map is extremely unoriginal. For you I would recommend to completely stay away from the buildings category. You map is designed around these pre map pieces which makes the map play both bad and look unoriginal. Have a muck around with the pieces in forge and create cool things with them, just have a mess around and you will find that other pieces when used together look 100% better than the pre created building blocks.

3. This map is way to open, which would result in people killing others off spawn. Like I said earlier, you need to go into matchmaking and look at how maps lines of sights are broken up by thick, thin and curved walls. your map needs to be more enclosed. I would recommend filling in the more open exposed areas on the maps with the blocks category. With saying that, also to take not is of the lazy cover you have used on your map. The lazy cover pieces include the cover pieces and the constellation pieces. Remove these pieces and introduce the block pieces to break up the maps line of sights and this will create non lazy cover.

Good luck with the changes and just remember I may have been harsh but the map really needs some serious work.

Orzium Out :)

Jan 23, 2015
6th Circle of Hell.
Bravissimo! Thank you Mr. Orzium for your expertise, while Harsh indeed. I personally just wanted to open Pandora's box (It is custom games, unordinary things are bound to happen, right?) With early playtests with a buddy of mine, I see it working as a 1v1 or a 2v2 map. Bummed to hear that premade pieces don't work but greatly appreciate the advice (starting to think of ideas for blocks now. Hmmm.) Guessing Azur is a poorly executed idea then? Back to the drawing board I suppose. Just wanted to get my feet wet thats all, if anyones willing to join in we'll all see how terrible it plays out. Remember, we live in a world where 24/7 64 player Operation Metro/ Locker servers exist, plenty of sickos out there. And your looking at one, (nah I kid, only a true sicko plays this map with no BR starts.)

FEEDBACK, FEB 21st:
- Aesthetic Overhaul
- Trim the fat on Power Weapons
- More cover/ Line of sight

Once again, thanks Orzium for your feedback, really appreciate it bro.

Nov 20, 2014
i think you should change the area where you can teleport in and out so you can't spam it or change it with something else