Event Par for the Course Contest Update

battlegolf-small-jpg.17625

Over the duration of our Par for the Course Battle Golf Forge Contest, we've been a bit concerned by low turnout. Battle Golf is an awesome, fun, and unique game mode in need of exciting new courses to be played on. However, the original course in the Action Sack playlist also set a precedent for maps making heavy use of scripting. Despite our assurance that contest entries do not require these scripted elements, this likely intimidated several would-be contestants. The prizes on offer also were admittedly rather underwhelming: we initially wanted this to be a simple contest with a short timeframe and set the prize pool accordingly.

Halo 5_ Forge 2_18_2017 2_43_12 PM.png

Golf Coast by why

Recently, however, we were contacted by a new partner interested in supplying some new (and much more exciting) prizes and extending the deadline in order to see better turnout. We're currently in communication with this partner and we will be announcing new plans for this event as soon as details come into place. For now, keep on working on your maps or consider starting on one if you haven't already. The new deadline is currently "TBA".

Halo 5_ Forge 1_21_2017 1_04_04 PM.png

Bogey Desert by Almighty Nubs

Thanks for bearing with us! We'll make it up to you very soon. To those of you who have already submitted: thank you! Look forward to a bit more competition and a shot at some much better prizes soon and feel free to take this extra time to continue polishing your maps.

this sounds exciting. I think whoever uses the HC twitter should take to twitter about this and drop some cool hints like maybe 343 wanting to focus on Battle Golf and making more courses and turning it into their "Grifball" so these courses may see a lot of exposure ;). I will also spread this thread through our site and through some Discord servers.

this sounds exciting. I think whoever uses the HC twitter should take to twitter about this and drop some cool hints like maybe 343 wanting to focus on Battle Golf and making more courses and turning it into their "Grifball" so these courses may see a lot of exposure ;). I will also spread this thread through our site and through some Discord servers.
You might want to hold off until we get everything sorted out and get the actual prizes and new deadline announced, but we do appreciate it!

Reactions: Drizzy_Dan
Update time!

You're probably wondering "where are those details on the contest extension and new prizes?" Unfortunately, our new partner is currently tied up hosting another event and would like to get that wrapped up before joining forces with us to get this contest the attention it deserves. We don't have any exact dates or other details just yet, unfortunately. We understand that the contest being effectively in limbo for this long is not ideal. and for that we apologize. As soon as we are able, we will get things back on track and get you guys the new details. The prizes should be pretty damned cool, too.

With all of that said, I would encourage everyone to continue submitting maps as normal. I know it's an odd request with the prizes and deadline in limbo, but there may be other opportunities to earn some recognition for your Battle Golf maps in the mean time. ;)

Can we expect any kind of update on what's going on with the contest anytime soon or are things still up in the air?

Can we expect any kind of update on what's going on with the contest anytime soon or are things still up in the air?
That... is a great question. Unfortunately, things are still up in the air. I'm pretty disappointed with the whole situation myself, but am working to find a solution. We definitely haven't forgotten about the event, but our partners seem to have their hands full with other plans. We'll get an update out ASAP. Sorry again for the inconvenience. ;(

That... is a great question. Unfortunately, things are still up in the air. I'm pretty disappointed with the whole situation myself, but am working to find a solution. We definitely haven't forgotten about the event, but our partners seem to have their hands full with other plans. We'll get an update out ASAP. Sorry again for the inconvenience. ;(
Thanks for responding; it's reassuring to hear that the contest hasn't been forgotten.

Reactions: Psychoduck