Srs Bzns Open Staff Applications

srsbzns-png.17519
You might have noticed that our staff team has grown thinner since the end of last year. Well, that's why I'm here today! Simply put, we're looking for members to join our staff team. We aim to provide content and facilitate discussion here at HaloCustoms, so we need an active team of people who're invested in the Halo franchise. If that sounds like you, please take a gander below.

We want to make our team more diverse, so we're looking for event organizers, article writers, and lobby hosts. The application is for a general moderator position, however, so feel free to apply even if those specific responsibilities don't appeal to you.

What we expect:
• Be an active member of the forum
• Participate in discussions of events, articles, etc
• Write articles
• General moderation (bots, forum maintenance, etc)​

What we require:
• Must be proficient at writing
• Must have access to Skype​

If you meet the above criteria, please do message one of our administrators (adderrson, Auburn, or Psychoduck) with an example of your writing! We do NOT have a quota here, but we do expect some consistency. If any of the expectations above sound more like a job than a hobby to you, I'd reconsider applying. We look forward to your message!

Yo just move on from Skype and use slack, I cannot believe you're still using that :D
Every time someone suggests an alternative to Skype, they suggest a different program. This is precisely why we use Skype! Everyone already has it, and it works just fine. Mumble does voice better. Discord hosts voice and text chats more seamlessly. Slack... I don't even know what Slack does. But, none of them are better enough than Skype to be worth fully migrating to, and most of these alternatives are fads. Skype is a constant, and one we see no reason not to stick with.

I don't like skype because often times it'll lock me out, tell me to log in, and then tell me I'm already logged in. plus it's a pain to completely close

Every time someone suggests an alternative to Skype, they suggest a different program. This is precisely why we use Skype! Everyone already has it, and it works just fine. Mumble does voice better. Discord hosts voice and text chats more seamlessly. Slack... I don't even know what Slack does. But, none of them are better enough than Skype to be worth fully migrating to, and most of these alternatives are fads. Skype is a constant, and one we see no reason not to stick with.

Slack is amazing, it has chat channels, private chat, voip, desktop notifications, email notifications, plugin support and it's all for free. It's widely used in the corporate environment and is recognised by large companies as an efficient communication tool. I use it at work daily and it's extremely easy to use, moreso than skype and it doesn't have annoying adverts.

You could have a channel for general discussion, a channel for srs biznis, a channel for the admins only, a channel for the cool kids, a channel for the nerds and a channel for all the dank memes and other assorted junk, all in one place and easily accessible from a single click.

Skype's just becoming a buggy mess, it doesn't even work properly anymore for many people and if you hack it to disable the obnoxious and frankly weird adverts it breaks even more.

When my company migrated from Skype to Slack, everyone agreed within hours it was a better solution. Slack is here to stay Mr. Duck. I'm surprised BigStack and Insane aren't pushing to use it, I know they're both developers and may have had some exposure to it.