Map Preview My Latest Map

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Today I would like to bring you a quick preview / video of a map I worked on last night.

The map is based off of the indie game "Slender: The Eight Pages", where survivors have to walk around collecting pages while being stalked by the mysterious slenderman.

The following is just a quick clip of what I have built so far, and it shows the page collecting mechanic.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=a82f...172&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AHu_tAk28e1HiMo

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Neat. Finally how Slenderman should be and not just a cheap recreation. A few questions:
-With how many people should this be played? (For 12 people it would be really easy to win)
-What about that teleporter?
-Are the pages gonna be random or will they always be at the same spot?
-Is the map gonna be any bigger or is that the final size?

After the over usage of Slender Man maps in H4 I'm definitely interested in such a map that is like the actual SM game; not just a bunch of trees, one zombie and a few humans....

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Neat. Finally how Slenderman should be and not just a cheap recreation. A few questions:
-With how many people should this be played? (For 12 people it would be really easy to win)
-What about that teleporter?
-Are the pages gonna be random or will they always be at the same spot?
-Is the map gonna be any bigger or is that the final size?

After the over usage of Slender Man maps in H4 I'm definitely interested in such a map that is like the actual SM game; not just a bunch of trees, one zombie and a few humans....

Currently the map is in a kind of hell right now, due to issues with lighting and object count.

The size of the map is for 4-6 people, because not only is slenderman supposed to be this kind of personal, solitary experience, but it will be easier to find an create games with small player counts.

The teleporter idea was something me and the guy I forged it with developed. The concept is that slender can jump and disappear, much like he does in the game. If he jumps he is teleported to a room which contains teleporter exits throughout the map, allowing him to get the jump on people.

The idea of a random page sequence is ideal, yet I don't know if it is possible. Creating a RNG in scripting yielded no results when I tried, but fooling around with safe havens may work.

The map in the video will very likely bear little to no resemblance to the finished product, due to an object count glitch and other crazy shit

buddhacrane

Proficient
Nov 2, 2014
The idea of a random page sequence is ideal, yet I don't know if it is possible. Creating a RNG in scripting yielded no results when I tried, but fooling around with safe havens may work.

Just figured that out for you. It took me a few failed attempts to come up with the most reliable solution. I put the details in my other post: http://halocustoms.com/threads/h2a-forge-scripting-guide.18405/#post-111225

Oh, and teleporters for Slenderman to get around? I guess he should instead be called ... Senderman! Oh ho, ... ho ... hmmm.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Just figured that out for you. It took me a few failed attempts to come up with the most reliable solution. I put the details in my other post: http://halocustoms.com/threads/h2a-forge-scripting-guide.18405/#post-111225

Oh, and teleporters for Slenderman to get around? I guess he should instead be called ... Senderman! Oh ho, ... ho ... hmmm.

PMSL!
Oh Buddha...

Berb... I couldn't really see what was happening in your map, but the writing on the wall was awesome :y: