Music

CyanWolfKing

Novice
Feb 18, 2013
So, what's you're favorite music genre? I personally like rock, heavy metal, dubstep, EDM, electro, house music, drumstep, DnB, punk rock and a bunch of other shiznit i cant even put into categories

CyanWolfKing

Novice
Feb 18, 2013
Trust me, I was brought up on black sabbath and billy talent, but then a couple years ago my friend showed me "dubstep" and it was like the coolest thing ever. but when i found it it was just dubstep, not EDM and electro and DnB. now i think it's getting too well known, it's freaking everywhere for god sakes. Still enjoy the classics though, one of my favorite song is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, amazing song.

Reactions: evergreen948

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
Trust me, I was brought up on black sabbath and billy talent,
Holy crap Billy Talent! I love them!

I like rock, mainly metal and indie rock. For example A Day to Remember and Silversun Pickups are two of my favorite bands, a little bit of punk, Dub (I.E. Slightly Stoopid, Expendables, Pepper, and I would lump 311 in with that) And all different kinds of jammy stuff (Phish, Disco Biscuts, moe., Umphrey's McGee)

A friend of mine just linked me to this:
Holy crap dat intro bro.

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
I'm a big fan of the older-style rock, mainly Iron Maiden. It's awesome how they implicate stories and history within their songs. Got to see them live and it was freaking incredible!

Here are some song examples.
PowerSlave

Paschendale

Number of the Beast

Run to the Hills

To name a few...

Rorak Kuroda

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
I never liked defining music tastes by genre, because everyone has their own idea of what a genre sounds like, and there's a spectrum of sub-genres within a genre, and there's a spectrum of good songs and bad songs and other preferences within those sub-genres. It's why I prefer to go by a list of artists instead. For instance, some of my favorite artists would be...

AWOLNATION, The Limousines, Incubus, Muse, Freelance Whales, Coldplay, Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, Andrew Bird, Big Black Delta, Gorillaz, Gotye, Imagine Dragons, Moby, White Lies, Woodkid, Editors, The Protomen, Tool, alt-J (∆), Ben Howard, Craig Armstrong, Grimes, Imogen Heap, ::M∆DE:IN:HEIGHTS::, Meg Myers, Miike Snow, Múm, Passion Pit, Regina Spektor, Stars, St. Vincent, Yeasayer, Bon Iver, Scroobius Pip, Gregory Porter, Indians, Jónsi, Massive Attack, The Postal Service, Tycho, Pepe Deluxe, Max Richter, Lana Del Rey, James Blake, Flying Lotus, Alabama Shakes, Atoms for Peace, Justin King, Bloc Party, and many more.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I never liked defining music tastes by genre, because everyone has their own idea of what a genre sounds like, and there's a spectrum of sub-genres within a genre, and there's a spectrum of good songs and bad songs and other preferences within those sub-genres. It's why I prefer to go by a list of artists instead. For instance, some of my favorite artists would be...

AWOLNATION, The Limousines, Incubus, Muse, Freelance Whales, Coldplay, Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, Andrew Bird, Big Black Delta, Gorillaz, Gotye, Imagine Dragons, Moby, White Lies, Woodkid, Editors, The Protomen, Tool, alt-J (∆), Ben Howard, Craig Armstrong, Grimes, Imogen Heap, ::M∆DE:IN:HEIGHTS::, Meg Myers, Miike Snow, Múm, Passion Pit, Regina Spektor, Stars, St. Vincent, Yeasayer, Bon Iver, Scroobius Pip, Gregory Porter, Indians, Jónsi, Massive Attack, The Postal Service, Tycho, Pepe Deluxe, Max Richter, Lana Del Rey, James Blake, Flying Lotus, Alabama Shakes, Atoms for Peace, Justin King, Bloc Party, and many more.

Scroobius Pip, atta Kuroda.

Btw, for all of yall in this thread, check out this plug.dj lobby that we have going on, we usually have at least 1 person on, usually me :p, so come on in, we (including you) can play just about any kind of music.

http://plug.dj/forge-hub-official/

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
Punk, ska and reggae.
Dub (as in Lee Perry. Not dubstep.)
Psychadelic, psychotronic, psychobilly, garage trash
classic rock
Lots of ambient/electronic/chill-type stuff