Cool Minecraft Server Open!

front-page-cool-stuff.png

Opening Day is finally upon us! After tireless work by Chuck, myself, builders, and testers, we are pleased to announce that the Halocustoms Minecraft server is now public!

Server Address: mc.halocustoms.com:25635

For new users, you will first appear in Spawn City, a lowly grunt without a nugget to your name. If you are a regular Halocustoms member, you can find a moderator and be promoted immediately to marine rank, allowing you to leave spawn and start building and crafting as you might expect. Grunts can't build, break objects, or enter the wilds, so this is an important step. In the city there is information about the rules and permissions of the world(s), apartments you can obtain, and much, much more. You definitely want to spend some time there before heading out into the world.

Once you are ready to get to digging/building/frolicking, you can head out into Build World, the main world of the server, to do so. Build World is set to easy difficulty and has certain protections, such as no PvP. Anti-griefing policies will be strictly held in Build World, so don't go messing with anyone else's stuff. If you are looking for a challenge, or to be more nefarious, you can head into The Wilds from Spawn City. Here, PvP and griefing are enabled and allowed, though killing someone of marine rank will mark you as a Heretic, and it is never wise to trust a Heretic! (Note: Killing a Heretic is fair game, and will not make you a Heretic.)

As time passes we will likely hold events, give out prizes, and generally strive to promote creativity, fun, and interaction between members. There may still be a few bugs here or there to work out, but we've squashed the major ones and feel it's time to bring everyone in! We hope to see you online soon, feel free to post any questions here or to ask us on the server itself!

Also, some things to keep in mind:

1. Chuck and I might not be on 24/7, especially right at the start, so if you're still a Grunt message me on HC and I'll try to get on and get you up to Marine rank soon. In the meantime, explore the spawn and read all the stuff. We have some easter eggs hidden there that are worth finding.

2. You cannot enter the Wilds as a Grunt.

3. While diamonds and emeralds do spawn in Build World, you can't mine them. (Yes we are trolls.)

Reactions: Jebus
are leave and join messages not supposed to show?

Also, grunts are able to build in build world right? Your post says they can't do anything.

are leave and join messages not supposed to show?

Also, grunts are able to build in build world right? Your post says they can't do anything.
Grunts can't do much of anything, it's meant as a guest rank. I'll promote all HC members when I get on in a bit.

Ok, dread's on and playing, but he's a grunt and can build.

Can you clarify exactly what grunts can do?

Scratch that, grunts can build, but they can't enter the Wilds. Not sure on 100% of the options, but you don't have full, normal MC permissions.

Grunts can do everything but lock chests and enter the wilds. That rank is merely so trolls we're unfamiliar don't hop on and mess everything up when we aren't looking, but they can still play basic minecraft in Build World with a spawn and bed command. We don't like the idea of a whitelist since it's off-putting, everybody should get to play!

If you vouch for a Grunt and they seem chill, then they get to be a marine. Anybody is welcomed on the server, if you want to play with friends we don't know it's totally cool. Just make sure you lock chests for them and such until we're ready to promote them :D