• Very Interested

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Somewhat Interested

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
front-page-cool-stuff.png

Hello my good sirs and madams, and welcome to a new year of Halo-customy goodness. An idea has been bouncing around in my head for a while, and I recently let it bounce around the rest of the staff's heads for a time. I've always been a big fan of Minecraft, and I have never had the chance to play on a big server with people I know. Well it just so happens that our friendly neighborhood Bigstack has some servers! We are talking about potentially getting one set up for Halo Customs members to use, and we wanted to judge community interest. Take note that this would be a side project that would not take away time/ resources from other parts of the site.

The poll above will be used to judge the number of people who have some level of interest in participating in a Halo Customs Minecraft server. Corduroy Chuck, myself, and several other staff members are discussing what type of server this might be and what types of rules it would have. As of now nothing is set in stone, but if you have a preference for a specific type of server, feel free to leave feedback in the comments.

One thing we would like to get a feel for as well is if there is any interest in mods for such a server. I have a good amount of experience with modded minecraft, so community willing we could eventually add some mods in to spice things up. We will likely be starting with Vanilla to keep things simple, but I'd like to gauge interest in that as well.

Anywho, let us know down below if :mine:craft is where you want to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jebus
This is a great idea. Another way for the community to connect with each other. Of course,we will need Halo Minecraft mods ;)

This is great! We all know the current situation with Halo and some people, myself included are starting to think about leaving Halo because it doesn't look like we are Halo's target audience anymore. What keeps me from leaving Halo is that I don't want to leave all the friends I've gotten by playing Halo all these years. Most of my friends are active on HC and setting up a HC Minecraft server would help me (and possibly other HC members) keep my friends but not restricting myself to Halo. It is however quite important for the site to keep it's Halo identity, that Halo has to be the main focus. It is great to see that even if Halo we don't want to play Halo anymore we don't have leave the community. Minecraft is good game HC could expand to because it, just like forge let's us express our creativity. However I also recommend taking a look at Murder Miners if you want to expand HC as it has similar gameplay to Halo but a map creator like Minecraft. Please make this happen!

Is the server going to for PC, Xbox One or Xbox 360?

This is great! We all know the current situation with Halo and some people, myself included are starting to think about leaving Halo because it doesn't look like we are Halo's target audience anymore. What keeps me from leaving Halo is that I don't want to leave all the friends I've gotten by playing Halo all these years. Most of my friends are active on HC and setting up a HC Minecraft server would help me (and possibly other HC members) keep my friends but not restricting myself to Halo. It is however quite important for the site to keep it's Halo identity, that Halo has to be the main focus. It is great to see that even if Halo we don't want to play Halo anymore we don't have leave the community. Minecraft is good game HC could expand to because it, just like forge let's us express our creativity. However I also recommend taking a look at Murder Miners if you want to expand HC as it has similar gameplay to Halo but a map creator like Minecraft. Please make this happen!

Is the server going to for PC, Xbox One or Xbox 360?

I should clarify now that this is definitely going to be a side project, with the only relation to HC being that HC members will b the main focus of the server. Halo Customs will remain a devoted Halo site, with minecraft as just something fun to do on the side when Halo stuff isn't going on.

This would be a PC server, as we have the most flexibility with that. Microsoft is in way too much control of the console variants.

I should clarify now that this is definitely going to be a side project, with the only relation to HC being that HC members will b the main focus of the server. Halo Customs will remain a devoted Halo site, with minecraft as just something fun to do on the side when Halo stuff isn't going on.

This would be a PC server, as we have the most flexibility with that. Microsoft is in way too much control of the console variants.

Okay good, it is as I stated earlier important for the site to keep it's Halo identity. Also thanks for making it a PC server, it's superior in every single way :).

Ah, and this is where my PC account that I bought several years ago comes in handy. YES.

I'd say let's take it through Vanilla creative mode and let's see what happens from there. (If I had the call, hell I'd say let's play it on Beta 1.02_01 for nostalgia's sake but that's just me)

So what are our voice chat options? Skype, TeamSpeak, Mumble or just sitting in an Xbox Live party if we do one?

Last edited:
This is a great idea!

If I may add suggestions to what we could have in the server (well depending if this is going to be vanilla or bukkit).

Have multiple worlds? RPG world, Creative world, Survival world, Hunger Games, some others that you think people will join for.

I would very much like an RPG world where I start off with almost nothing but some bread and mining tools and then I gradually build up my character to an ultimate warrior and go out on high level quests and things. To me, there has never been any decent RPG servers out there and so that's why I would want one. :)

This is a great idea!

If I may add suggestions to what we could have in the server (well depending if this is going to be vanilla or bukkit).

Have multiple worlds? RPG world, Creative world, Survival world, Hunger Games, some others that you think people will join for.

I would very much like an RPG world where I start off with almost nothing but some bread and mining tools and then I gradually build up my character to an ultimate warrior and go out on high level quests and things. To me, there has never been any decent RPG servers out there and so that's why I would want one. :)

For the first world of the server I'd like to keep things simple. I'd really like to just start with a vanilla 1.8.2 survival world where people can talk, hang out, build, explore, and potentially fight, and then from there we can decide what other worlds we might want or what direction things should go in the future. If there is a lot of activity and enough drive from everyone to support multiple worlds we could have a creative project world, maybe some form of RPG if we can figure that out, or a modded server altogether. For right now though we need to make sure we would have enough people, interest, and resources to make anything bigger viable.

I'd love to take part, give me somewhere to build my creations where people can actually see them.

Maybe a world for creative and a world for survival, using plugins and such? If we get creative, can we have worldedit too? :-3

For the first world of the server I'd like to keep things simple. I'd really like to just start with a vanilla 1.8.2 survival world where people can talk, hang out, build, explore, and potentially fight, and then from there we can decide what other worlds we might want or what direction things should go in the future. If there is a lot of activity and enough drive from everyone to support multiple worlds we could have a creative project world, maybe some form of RPG if we can figure that out, or a modded server altogether. For right now though we need to make sure we would have enough people, interest, and resources to make anything bigger viable.
My biggest reason for this is that I'd hate to see this site disbanded because of 343i's choice making, but I suppose we will have to see where this goes.

P.S. and then there were thieves.

My biggest reason for this is that I'd hate to see this site disbanded because of 343i's choice making, but I suppose we will have to see where this goes.

P.S. and then there were thieves.

So what are our voice chat options? Skype, TeamSpeak, Mumble or just sitting in an Xbox Live party?
I'm just curious if we do plan on doing voice chat for this potential server or not. I think it would be a great idea.

EDIT: What I don't understand is why people are voting "Not Interested." Yeah, I know that polling choice there for all to answer but honestly, why harm the chances of others who are interested in having fun? That just sucks, you know?

I'm not particularly familiar with how people usually do voice chat for Minecraft, I'll have to look into it. It would certainly be god if anyone on the server could talk to anyone else on the server however!

The "Not Interested" poll choice is not intended to be negative I should add. Obviously if everyone voted that they were not interested and no one voted interested the server would not happen, but that's not the case. I wanted people to be able to state whether they had an interest in the idea or not, and I can see so far that enough people do have an interest! :)

So, I'm hearing a lot of interest so far in also having a creative world. I'm going to discuss what we want to do exactly with debs and Chuck and some others, but I think we will probably have a vanilla creative and survival world to start.

I run servers myself, this would be a great idea :D

However I have 0 experience with mods, so I'd vote for no on that aspect.

I allsooo spend tonnes of time building, so the creative world would be ace

Last edited:
I'm not particularly familiar with how people usually do voice chat for Minecraft, I'll have to look into it. It would certainly be god if anyone on the server could talk to anyone else on the server however!
Personally, I would choose TeamSpeak (as it's easy to use and set up and does not hog bandwidth that Skype does) if you do look into this and it can probably be hosted off the same server as the Minecraft server as both don't take up too many resources.