• Edifice by Redemption1272

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Stigma by Squally DaBeanz

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Black Site by The Fated Fire

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
hc-communitymap.jpg

Unless you've been living under a... wait, never mind. I like waffles, do you like waffles? Yeah, I thought so. You know what's kind of like waffles? Meet Your Maker winners, of course!​
Over the last month and a half, the judges have put in literally hundreds of man hours into judging the roughly 100 maps submitted. We are very confident that we have chosen the best maps to win. Of course, there were plenty of other great maps submitted too, some held back by minor flaws and others which just couldn't quite compare with the level of awesomeness displayed by the three winners. Because of this, we'll be rolling out another video before too long highlighting some of the other noteworthy maps. We look forward to working with the authors of these maps to get the minor issues fixed, as the maps will then be very eligible for THFE features in the future. Stay tuned for that video!​
The Judges:
Absolute Dog: Community moderator of 343industries.org​
Spades N AZ: Host of "Custom Game Night"​
SaltyKoalaBear: Great competitive forger​
The Psycho Duck: Yours truly​
Warh0lic: Forge moderator at HaloCouncil, great competitive forger​

Congrats to all the winners! Each map was amazing and they all deserve the spotlight. Stigma is my personal favorite.

Would have liked to see some undiscovered or underground forgers win this thing, since all three winners pretty much already got the attention they deserved before the contest. Still, I don't doubt that these 3 maps played the best, I was just expecting something fresh and exciting with ALL those submissions.

CONGRATS TO REDEMPTION, SQUALLY AND FATED FIRE!

Would have liked to see some undiscovered or underground forgers win this thing, since all three winners pretty much already got the attention they deserved before the contest. Still, I don't doubt that these 3 maps played the best, I was just expecting something fresh and exciting with ALL those submissions.

CONGRATS TO REDEMPTION, SQUALLY AND FATED FIRE!
I'm with you. However, the maps were judged solely on their quality, nothing else. Luckily, lots of other maps submitted will be receiving some more attention soon.

Reactions: URBAN B0BCAT
So the contest is finally over. From what I saw, from the MANY INVITES I RECEIVED TO TEST THESE MAPS (*cough* *cough* Spades), I'm glad to see that 2 of the 3 winners were maps I was there to test out. Stigma is an awesome map Squally, congratulations on receiving 2nd. And a big Congratulations to Redemption for forging the winner.

Now, you guys should all consider forging a Clue map for my little contest. Eh?? Ehhh??? :poke:

Big ups and congratulations to the winners! I had a pretty good idea that these would be towards the top of the pile. Watch out though, I'm refining my skills to pay the bills and will be coming stong for the next round! Ha!

Reactions: Psychoduck
I started in the middle of a matchmaking game on malice. i didnt know it was malice. and I hated the way it played and i was just hoping it wasnt edifice. but good job to everyone in the competition! i look forward to forging a new map for a new contest in the future! and this time, i will test it a ton with a lot of different people

Reactions: Psychoduck
Congrats to the winners and thank you to the Meet Your Maker judges! Based on Psychoduck's commentary in the Stigma video it is clear that Edifice placed 1st, Stigma placed 2nd, and Black Site placed 3rd. It is still an honor that Black Site earned top 3 - it is a huge challenge forging a map on Erosion with zero framerate issues and solid orientation. Most players despise Erosion, so I am very lucky that my map was so well received. I currently have 2 projects in the works - one on Impact and one on Forge Island. Stay tuned for the Impact map preview in a week or two.

Another congrats to all the winners! Although I really look forward to the honorable mentions. It'd be neat to see a solid montage of all the ideas also noteworthy with such an incredible number of submissions, and hopefully more obscure ideas, too.

Very good maps! I've yet to play on stigma, which looks amazing, but Edifice and Black Site are in the community FFA playlist, and I've played on them. Frankly I don't like playing FFA on them lol, but they seem like amazing team slayer maps. Especially from watching the videos. Congrats to all the winners! I can't wait to start seeing what some of the entries looked like.

Congrats to all the winners! I've had the pleasure of playing each of these maps and I must say that judges have chosen wisely. Keep up the great work everybody!

Reactions: Fuzzle
I love Edifice and I'm glad it's been so successful... But Jesus, as if Redemption's head wasn't big enough already. He already thought he was the god of forge back in Reach because of Imago and how he "revolutionized aesthetics", now his ego is beyond belief.

pfft that old post Schitzel? that was long ago, and I won't argue that I over-stepped my boundries. I do admit I am very proud of my creation, wouldn't you? God of forge is pushing it, my friends gave me that damn title as I said to him, "dude, there are much better forgers out there than me". Presumeably would I complain if I didn't win the contest? No, stigma deserves just as much recgonition as Edifice and it wouldn't have suprised me if it won.

If anyone is down to give me feedback listen, if people think I am being an ass I apologize and if people really need help I give it. Thanks to the judges and everyones support they have given me, I will be sure to keep tabs with everyone here.