Meet Your Maker Dominion: Noteworthy Maps

mym-logo.png
Now that the results for the Meet Your Maker 6v6 Dominion Forge Contest are finally out in the open, it's time to give credit to some of the maps that almost made the cut. These are the maps that made the judging process an interesting affair, with one of them missing the third place slot by mere inches. Each of these maps had something small holding it back, but each one is a solid map with lots of potential.​
This is only part one of our noteworthy maps spotlight, stay tuned for part two! Thanks again to everyone who submitted a map to this contest as well as everyone who made this contest possible.​

As i suspected. I didn't make it. Oh well, forge doesn't like me with dominion. The only thing forge likes me with is race.

Congratulations to all those mentioned in the above!

Reactions: Absolute Dog
It was intimidating to submit a map when there were so many other competitive submissions by talented forgers yet also very exciting. I think the great thing though was that all of the maps that made the noteworthy list and placed were all collaborated on to an extent. It was a really great atmosphere where forgers would take time that could be used to polish their own maps to lend advice to others. Whether that was in the testing lobbies or forge sessions. The contest not only demanded and encouraged quality maps, it helped forgers push the quality of each others maps up. I think this was one of the coolest things to come out of the contest and it has really given me incentive to enter in more of these kinds of things in the future :y:

It was intimidating to submit a map when there were so many other competitive submissions by talented forgers yet also very exciting. I think the great thing though was that all of the maps that made the noteworthy list and placed were all collaborated on to an extent. It was a really great atmosphere where forgers would take time that could be used to polish their own maps to lend advice to others. Whether that was in the testing lobbies or forge sessions. The contest not only demanded and encouraged quality maps, it helped forgers push the quality of each others maps up. I think this was one of the coolest things to come out of the contest and it has really given me incentive to enter in more of these kinds of things in the future :y:
Let me correct you on this. "Noteworthy maps were placed on the list." Not "all" were noteworthy. I mean mine. I had a great idea its just my idea didnt have enough budget to fund it and therefore the map was too flat. At any rate congratulations to all of you "noteworthy" people!

I think you misunderstood? My sentence made perfect sense and there was no need for you to repeat your comment on not making it. I said that all of the maps that made the noteworthy list and placed, I did not say all of the maps submitted . If you bothered to read properly you could see that :) .

I think you misunderstood? My sentence made perfect sense and there was no need for you to repeat your comment on not making it. I said that all of the maps that made the noteworthy list and placed, I did not say all of the maps submitted . If you bothered to read properly you could see that :) .
My bad. I was tired when I wrote that. Must've missed it.

(I can read properly just when I'm not sick! ;) )

Nice maps, I thought I played all of the submissions but I guess I was wrong. I've never seen some of these maps. I'll be downloading them soon. Good work everyone.