Community "Meet Your Maker" Dominion Forge Contest

mym-logo.png

Submission Deadline is September 20th at 11:59 PM EST

Many of you likely remember the Meet Your Maker Forge Contest. The contest was spearheaded by 343Industries.org and was supported primarily by The Halo Forge Epidemic YouTube Channel. The task was to create a map designed for 4v4 Infinity Slayer, the game mode which forms the backbone of the Halo 4 multiplayer suite. Over one hundred forgers from around the community submitted their creations. Three extremely talented forgers spent some time in the limelight shining on the winning maps, several other forgers earned some well-deserved attention for their own creations, and far more still received detailed feedback on their creations from the contest judges.

What was the best part of the Meet your Maker contest? It was only the beginning, of course. The well-rounded team behind Meet Your Maker has always had plans to continue hosting these contests as long as there is an audience for them. The goal is not only to get the best maps the attention they deserve, but also to bring the community together. This time around, even more of the community is involved. Joining 343i.org and THFE as the hosts of the contests are several other community groups including ForgeHub, Forgecafe, Mr. Pokephile, The Online Knights, and of course your friendly neighborhood HaloCustoms!

To streamline the submission process and further our goal of cooperation between multiple community groups, we have created several submission threads on different websites. HaloCustoms is, of course, one of these sites. When submitting a map, you can do so right in this thread.

This time around, the contest is focused on Dominion, one of the unique new modes which shipped with Halo 4. Dominion is a challenging mode to design and build maps for, but we'll make it worth your time. All of the details are in the submission thread, but just in case you're not sold on entering yet, you may want to hear about the prizes.

First Place:
  • Champions Bundle which includes the Bullseye Map Pack, the Infinity Armor Pack, and the Steel Skin Pack, plus loads of new stances, armor skins, and new and colorful weapon skins.
  • Signed concept art of Ravine, Impact and Erosion by Certain Affinity.
  • Interview with the judges of "Meet Your Maker" on THFE.
  • Feature Video on THFE (The Halo Forge Epidemic).
  • Map featured on all participating sites.
  • Certain Affinity T-Shirt.
First Runner Up:
  • Your choice of signed concept art of either Ravine, Impact or Erosion.
  • Bulleye Map Pack.
Second Runner Up:
  • Your choice of signed concept art of either Ravine, Impact or Ersion.

I thought you might like the sound of that! Of course the biggest prize is really just getting your name out there as a great forger. Be sure to take advantage of some of the great features HaloCustoms has to offer in order to make sure your map gets all of the testing it needs! In case you missed it above, be sure to check the submission thread for details. Happy Forging, and good luck!

I was like no at first and then when i heard featuring on THFE and the award of getting the Championship Bundle pack, and all of the friggin cool stuff i was sold, time to spend the day away forging away my creations...

So I guess OSDT dominion is out of the question seeing as how it doesn't play we'll with normal dominion gametype

Good luck with submissions everybody! Hopefully some of the best maps could get entered into matchmaking perhaps?

Oh my, you have missed out on a lot then. Able is the primary Dominion forger for THFE. So far he's made a number of successful maps, while mainly offering his advice to other perspective Dominion forgers. Here's the THFE Forge Tutorials playlist. They have a good number of Dom tutorials from Able that outline some useful concepts.
Yeah I feel stupid now ... I shouldve recognized that name from those Dom forge tutorials i watched last night.... (This just adds to my stupidity) On the bright side at least i remeber now so im all good

I see.... But to change the subject of the subjects subject dominion is an intersting layout of minor complexity dont you think? Dont answer that because i answered my own question, yes it is.

Make no mistake, Dominion is rather complex to design and forge for. It takes a different mindset from most other competitive forging and can be quite a challenge. Don't let that discourage you, but don't try to shrug it off either.