mym-logo.png
And here it is, the moment we've all been waiting for. It's taken months, and we've looked at a lot of maps, but we have finally arrived at our winner. There were loads of great maps submitted, but this one stuck out the most. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you... Monsoon!

Monsoon is a symmetrical map set in an urban environment (ya know, as urban as it gets in outer space with asteroids whizzing past). The map is somehwat reminiscent of Longbow, but with a more pronounced bend and some more verticality. Each base takes advantage of a split level design, keeping players on their toes while playing defense and giving attackers interesting options. Tha map also sports some Avalanche-style mancannons which make for some hilarious vehicle shenanigans. Good job PA1NTS and Frenchys!
I'd like to take this opportunity to once again thank everyone who participated in this contest, whether by judging, organizing, or submitting maps. It didn't go quite as smoothly as last time, but in the end the best maps shone through the masses. These contests are a true excersize of interaction between different community groups, with involvement from 343industries.org, The Halo Forge Epidemic, HaloCustoms and others. I look forward to doing this again sometime. Below are listed the primary judges of this contest.

Able SirThomas​
Absolute Dog​
The Fated Fire​
The Psycho Duck​
Warh0lic​

:D the one with the Mantis that is a tactical advantage if you get it stuck. I liked this map. :D Re-fraze that this is the one where I camped One of the bases the whole time and held it.

:D the one with the Mantis that is a tactical advantage if you get it stuck. I liked this map. :D Re-fraze that this is the one where I camped One of the bases the whole time and held it.

This map does not have a Mantis on it. The map you are referring to is Andromeda by Xinshu.

This map does not have a Mantis on it. The map you are referring to is Andromeda by Xinshu.

No I know I fixed the post after watching it. This is the one that I camped Alpha Base, I think it was, for the longest time while the other haft of the team took Bravo.

Ah, well, it's good to know that the one map from the top 3 that I actually played beforehand is the winner of the contest. :D Great job PA1NTS, a well-deserved win!

Kind of shocked that Outpost did not place. I shouldn't be though since there were so many solid maps submitted by a lot of talented forgers. Congratulations to PA1NTS for coming out on top with Monsoon. I'm looking forward to see all the great noteworthy maps like Andromeda, Catacombs, Outpost etc in the future. Also a question for Duck. What's happening with Ober da Hows and Impass, are they ever going to be posted?

Kind of shocked that Outpost did not place. I shouldn't be though since there were so many solid maps submitted by a lot of talented forgers. Congratulations to PA1NTS for coming out on top with Monsoon. I'm looking forward to see all the great noteworthy maps like Andromeda, Catacombs, Outpost etc in the future. Also a question for Duck. What's happening with Ober da Hows and Impass, are they ever going to be posted?

I haven't really touched Hows since I started building Panic Attack. I'm really not terribly proud of the design of Hows, it works nicely for Dominion and manages to balance a scorpion but it feels like a fairly generic BTB setting without much in the way of interesting geometry. I just don't see the incentive to finish a map like that. I can't speak for Able, though so I don't know what the plans for Impasse are.

I recall playing Monsoon many months ago. It's very exciting to know that PA1NTS worked on it and it payed off for him.

Congratulations Pa1nts! I haven't played this map more than a couple times, but I remember it being a very well designed map with very solid gameplay. Great job on the judges part as well, you picked some quality maps :)