• TrafficJam1.png
    TrafficJam1.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 294

TWiseM

Novice
Jul 31, 2016
Map Name: Outpost 04
Authors: TWiseM, weeeeemann, AUTOkester96
Primary gametypes: Big Team Slayer (Magnums), Big Team Strongholds (Magnums)

Halo Waypoint File link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...t_TWiseM_79b5173f-2bd5-4c6c-acc0-2b7c072d6468

screenshots:
Halo 5 Guardians (2).png

This is a large scale big team battle map based of of the Halo Combat Evolved mission: Silent Cartographer.
Halo 5 Guardians (9).png

I spend a total of three days working on it and from what I've been told it plays well given its size.

Halo 5 Guardians (11).png

Vehicle combat feels really fun, especially with the addition of the wasp. But as I drove around in a ghost I felt a burst of nostalgia
from what I consider one of the best missions from Halo CE.
Halo 5 Guardians (12).png

Weapons range from:

1x incineration cannon
1x Spartan laser
1x hydra
2x sniper rifles
2x bolt shots
2x smg
2x BR (Halo 5)
2x Carbine
2x plasma pistols
8x needlers (play before making any judgment)
4x plasma grenades
4x frag grenades
2x splinter grenades

Halo 5 Guardians (17).png

Halo 5 Guardians (10).png

Vehicles include:

2x Ghosts
2x warthogs
2x mongooses
2x gungooses
2x scorpion tanks
2x wasps
1x banshee
Halo 5 Guardians (3).png

Halo 5 Guardians (6).png

Halo 5 Guardians (14).png

Attachments

• Halo 5 Guardians (15).png
    Halo 5 Guardians (15).png
    691.7 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: weeeeemann

TRip1e Sh0t

Novice
Jul 31, 2016
Map name: Ghibalb
Map author(s): TRip1e Sh0t
Primary gametype(s): Big Team CTF (Pistol Starts)

HaloWaypoint file link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=TRip1e Sh0t#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_TRip1e Sh0t_210a9c2d-bdb1-47c9-914f-74536dd5ea0b

Description:
I am proud to share with you my map submission to the Meet your Maker BTB forge contest.

Inspiration: When I first made the map, it was HUGE. This was because I really wanted an island that resembled apex/ silent cartographer mission from Halo CE. However as I went on, I realized I wanted the island to look cool up close, not from an unreachable Arial view. So I decided to look at Valhalla for more inspiration. And tah da, the result was an island with a canyon that holds the oh so unique battle ground.

Map Design. From Forerunner bases, a cave system, and elevated terrain, engaging in banshee dogfights or driving your buddy around in the worthog never felt so classic. This map is guaranteed to take you back to the days of halo 3, where btb maps were slightly bigger, considering the games movement mechanics The map grants long range sight lines, encouraging movement flow towards shorter range distances.

Power Weapons: 2 Snipers, neutral Laser, neutral Ravening Sliver Energy Sword.

Vehicles: 2 Banshees, 2 Basic Worthogs, 2 Wraiths, 2 mongooses.

Basic Weapons: 4 Brs, 2 DMRs, 2 Light rifles, 2 Carbines, 2 Halo 2 BRs, 2 Plasma Pistols, 2 Halo CE Magnums, 2 Storm Rifles, 2 SMGs, 2 Scattershots.

Gametype(s) Supported: Big Team CTF (Pistol Starts) 14-16 Players

Pictures:

Image-1 (77).jpg
Image-1 (78).jpg
Image-1 (79).jpg
Image-1 (82).jpg
Image-1 (83).jpg
Image-1 (84).jpg
Image-1 (80).jpg
Image-1 (81).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: The Grim Dealer
Jul 16, 2016
Map name: Pride Rock
Map author(s): FoxyGrandpa410
Primary gametype(s): Big Team Strongholds (Magnums), Big Team CTF (Magnums), Big Team Slayer (Magnums)

Honorable mentions go to Dusty Barz, JPR Smith, and Wesoji for pitching ideas and testing the map with me whenever I needed them to.

HaloWaypoint file link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...andpa410_1291e7d8-c43a-4b8a-880d-fa37ab955335

HaloCustoms map link (if applicable):

Screenshots:

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
The judges are well into the judging process for this contest and have really enjoyed looking at all of the cool, creative maps that were submitted to this contest. We look forward to closing in on the winners and announcing them within the next couple of weeks. The posters that will be sent to the winners are currently over at 343 Industries' studio being signed.

We wanted to take this opportunity to encourage everyone who submitted a map to this contest to also post it in the BTB submission thread on Waypoint if you haven't done so entirely. This thread is where maps are pulled from for review before inclusion in the Big Team Battle playlist in Halo 5, so don't miss out on that opportunity. If you have any other maps not submitted to the contest, be sure to post them there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.