Major Problems with Halo 5 Customs

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
I've been creating custom forge maps and playing in custom game lobbies for years, and I want to bring more attention to the Major Problems that are negatively impacting the Custom Games scene. In no particular order, here they are:

1. Fireteam size allows for more than 16 players, but you can't start with more than 16. Even if you have it on Invite Only, people can still invite their friends and make this very difficult for the host, requiring him to Kick players from the game. This has never been a problem in previous Halo games.

2. We need a Maximum Party size option, like we always had. I should be able to set my lobby to a limit of 10 players if I want.

3. Add Privacy Options for Open, and Closed. Open would allow Followers and Recent Players to join without an invite. Closed would prevent new players altogether.

4. Make it so that Fireteam Chat works in the menu. Try getting players on certain teams in a 16 player lobby sometime.

5. After playing a FFA game the players (other than the host) can't see or switch teams. The host has to turn Teams On/Off as a workaround.

6. Bookmarked Custom Game modes won't load unless the exact base game mode is loaded first. I get messages almost everyday from followers experiencing this issue. 343 is fully aware (I know from watching Livestreams), and they haven't done anything about it.

7. Party Leader cannot Boot players mid-game. If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

8. The ability to Change Teams mid-game was added without the option to disable that feature. Ideally, the Party Leader could Enable/Disable this feature mid-game. Starting a match you usually wouldn't want that to be on, but if teams become uneven mid-game then you would want it on.

9. Party Leader should be able to change the Privacy (Friends/Invite Only) mid-game. I'm pretty sure we used to be able to do this.

10. Party Leader should be able to promote someone else as the leader mid-game.

11. When using game chat, you should be able to see who's talking, without pulling up the scoreboard.

Had to get that out of my system. Please Like/Comment in hopes that 343 sees this and does something about it. If a certain issue is driving you crazy, then please mention which number it is. If I missed something (major), then please comment about it.

Last edited: