List of Forge Portfolios

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I would also include a 'Most proud map'. Often, one's personal favorite map may not be considered his 'best' map by the majority of the community but it may nonetheless be a map that in the eyes of the creator still achieved its goal, thus earning a special place in his heart. Whereas the similar category 'Most learned map' could focus more on a shitty map that irregardless proved to be a turning point in the forging skills of the forger.

Last edited:

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
If I were ever on there, I would have several "turning point" maps. I'd say I'm in my 7th or 8th "era" of forging, each one marked by a big turning point in design knowledge. For example, right now I'm really focusing on Squad design and symmetrical 4V4s, many with terrain integrated in, all with a clean stone Forerunner look to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zandril

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Really interesting stuff, Duck and Zanny!
I've always had lots of respect for Psychoduck ever since I played on S when it came out. I didn't even know him too well back then, but I loved seeing a refreshing and balanced BTB map that actually tried. Can't believe all the progress he's made over the years. It's great when forgers invest hours of their time into getting better and better with each map, instead of being headstrong and neglecting all feedback or advice because they think they got it all figured out. That sounds easy, but it's not. Stubborn as I can be, I for one know I had to learn to respect and use feedback over the past years, even far into my forging career.
That's why I love the professional take on Forge by guys like Duck. And when you combine it with talent and dedication, maps like these are born. The community has a lot to thank you for, Duck!

Bibz

Adept
May 24, 2014
OOH BRITANIA

Who's next?
Pick this guy. The guy with 3 finished maps to his name. /s

Anyways, being an infection fanatic, this was my jam. Love looking back at those maps that had me in awe with the aesthetics but still played the way they should. Hey REMkings, maybe when 343 releases infection for Halo 5, BIOC could make a comeback?

Also, Master Debaytes gets rekt at 14:05. GG.