KOTH Golden Gun

This is an evolving gametype. Pardon my dust.

QUICK OVERVIEW:
-The Gun is the hill
-The Gun gives you super powers!
-Kill people and don't die (The Gun helps with that)
-Happy fun time!

Update:
I found out I was able to actually use a weapon as the hill! It didn't work the first time I tested it (I must have set it up wrong). Anyways... now there is a gun you drop and pick up that gives you the abilities below!!
Using an armor ability as the hill allows you to "hold" the hill. I used auto-sentry exclusively as it makes it so the same player cant be the hill twice in a row (4 hill max/ more hills can be added if you used add'l armor abilities).

Here are one new game type I came up with:

Update: KOTH Golden Gun Balance 1F .2:
-Hill changes every 60sec
-Waypoint for all players
-Hills can be picked up twice
-One Frag starting
-"Balanced" starting loadouts

KOTH Golden Gun:
-This can be team or FFA.
-Hill radius is 0.1
-Only the hill carrier gets damage boost/no radar/120%speed boost/Damage resistance 200%.
-Killing the hill carrier is worth 10pts.
-Hill changes after 30secs.
-Hill cannot be picked up twice.
-10 second delay between hills.

The maps are here:

Update: Haven Golden Gun .2
-Took out original Haven hills
-Used pistols as hill instead of autosentry
Haven Golden Gun

Adrift Golden Gun

If you test this in your own customs please let me know how it plays in the comments below.

Here is my first playtest on haven!

I had a ton of fun with this one. Great FFA gametype in my opinion.

We did a test where the hill doesn't move as often, but I found that making the hill time either 45-60sec worked best.

I have also made a couple tweaks to the gametype updated above.

Another similar Gametype KOTH Gifter

How'd you get an AA to be the hill?
Go into forge with a KOTH gametype selected. Place armor ability, any will do. Press x will hovering over the armor ability. Set the desired shape of the hill. Go to advanced set the sequence to 1 for the first hill, 2 for the second.... etc. Now change the option at the bottom to KOTH_HILL. Also set the respawn time if you'd like it to respawn.

PS you can download my maps and gametypes to see what I did.

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
Go into forge with a KOTH gametype selected. Place armor ability, any will do. Press x will hovering over the armor ability. Set the desired shape of the hill. Go to advanced set the sequence to 1 for the first hill, 2 for the second.... etc. Now change the option at the bottom to KOTH_HILL. Also set the respawn time if you'd like it to respawn.

PS you can download my maps and gametypes to see what I did.

Wow, I had no idea you could do that.

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
OMG! I did this exact thing in reach! OMG I feel so stupid for not making the gametype yet and posting it here. Now u get to claim the idea lol....darn. The only difference with mine was that there was only one gun and it was on a map made specifically for it. The hill would never move and the gun would never respawn. So every one would be following this gun carrier around the map until they aquired it themselves. It was very fun

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
Oh yea I forgot to mention it. The game type was called "The Power Weapon". It used the concussion rifle and it was the only hill. Hill traits were obviously changed to give him a boost and it worked out pretty well.

OMG! I did this exact thing in reach! OMG I feel so stupid for not making the gametype yet and posting it here. Now u get to claim the idea lol....darn. The only difference with mine was that there was only one gun and it was on a map made specifically for it. The hill would never move and the gun would never respawn. So every one would be following this gun carrier around the map until they aquired it themselves. It was very fun

Yeah I think on a smaller map one gun might work. We did run a test where the hill took 2min to move, but that wasn't as much fun IMO. The hill carrier has such an advantage and can easily continue to run away. Adding more hills adds a chaotic twist to it and moves the action around the map. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this. I actually stumbled across this idea while trying to emulate VIP from Halo3!

Have you thought of using other guns besides the Magnum?

I have actually. I used the magnum for its small clip size and headshot capability. I also would like to test a variant with the Concusion Rifle(explosions are always awesome), as Rob did before, rail gun (Small clip, small splash damage power weapon), and hammer(close range with splash damage).

You also have your other weapon you can use, so if you happen to have a Saw and the Pistol feel free to mow people down with that Saw!

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
Before I made that map a bunch of testing and thinking went into it. I choose the concussion rifle because it takes good timing to use it effectively. I made the point system and traits to work well and balanced. I gave him slightly more resistance or oversheild(can't remember which) and upped the damage a bit. I never changed the speed so he couldn't out run the other players. I don't remember if that was all I did but watever I did it worked out.

Reactions: ShortBizzle