Halo Just a question about HaloCustoms

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
To my knowledge, there has been no confirmation by 343i that a file browser will be coming to MCC anytime soon. What will happen if one never comes? If there has been a confirmation, please don't be a retard like me and post a link to it for us.

A suggestion, feature maps and have them on the fileshare of a HaloCustoms silver account. That way even though the file shares are down there's one place to download all the best maps and gametypes.

Just a thought, Berb out.

:Berb: #Berb ♥

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Fileshares didn't go up for over 3 months when Halo 4 came out. I'm sure they will come up again eventually, once the rest of the game is stable and working properly. Apparently 343i just really likes killing its user base over and over.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Fileshares didn't go up for over 3 months when Halo 4 came out. I'm sure they will come up again eventually, once the rest of the game is stable and working properly. Apparently 343i just really likes killing its user base over and over.

But isn't it worrying that there hasn't been a word on a file browser? At least back when Halo 4 came out, they announced very early on that there was going to be a file browsing system.

I understand that obviously a file browser isn't their biggest priority considering all the matchmaking woes and the Halo 5 beta around the corner, but you'd think they'd at least make a statement in a blog or something dispelling worries about one never coming.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I have reached out to Bravo in an attempt to get some insight into 343's plans regarding a web-based file browser as well as custom games in general, but have yet to receive a response. As Shoe said, the hope is that these features will become available in the future. If they do not, a silver account to host spotlighted maps is a great idea. We would likely do the same for THFE as well. We'll keep the idea in our back pocket.