[Jul 21, 2013] BIOC Lobby - "Heeeeeeere'sssz... Zoóómbiee!" - Hivemind Lobby (REMkings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
biocthreadsignup.png

Hey everyone!
Welcome to my BIOC Lobby for next Sunday, on July the 21st!
Last time I scheduled my map Far from Eden to be tested for the first time. However, I was unfortunately not able to finish it in time and therefore it didn't get played. This time I did finish it, and I'm happy to inform you that the first test will be in this lobby! (for real, lol)

Partially for this reason, the lobby will focus mostly on maps that support the Hivemind gametype. Far from Eden was designed for it and so was a second map I'll be testing. I can always use more Hivemind-maps though. If you have or know any and you would like to test them, now is your chance! Quickly, read on and get to know how to join in on this awesomeness that's about to come to your local sXy game console!

"Heeeeeeere'sssz... Zoóómbiee!" - Details - Hivemind lobby
Host's HaloCustoms username: REMkings
Host's Gamertag: REMkings
Day of hosting: Sunday July 21st, 2013
Start Time: 4pm EST (!) Different time than usual.
End Time (approximately): whenever EST
Description: I plan on playing several of my own maps, beginning with my two latest finished projects, which both support the Hivemind gametype from Matchmaking. If you have maps of your own that work well with Hivemind, make sure to submit your map down below. (Read further on to learn how to submit a map.) When the testing is done I will play some of the classics as well, and hand over lead occasionally.
Schedule:
1. When Running Fails
1. Hivemind on Far From Eden - 1st Test!
2. Hivemind on Waketown - 1st Test
3. Hivemind on Villa de Pena
4. Quarantine
5. Favela Vengeance
6. 8 O'Clock Reminiscence
7. Our Daily Bread
8. Hivemind on Caedis
9. moar moar moar!

We’ll play what YOU want to play!
According to BIOC standards, you can also submit a map, whether it is for testing or just something that you enjoy. We have four major rules that you need to keep in mind:
1. The map has to be a Survival Infection map. Click for more information. Pretty much it means: No mini-games.
2. You need to submit your map in a comment down below using the following template (in the quote). Give details such as the name and a brief description. Providing links and a picture as well have our preference.
3. You have to attend at the lobby in order to get the map played.
4. You have to make sure that the map is in your fileshare by the time of submitting the template, so we can download it. I will NOT promote you to leader.

The template:
Map Submission for Testing

Map name:
Gametype name:
Gamertag of the file holder:
Link to map on Waypoint:
Link to gametype on Waypoint:

Description of the map:

Picture:

The rules READ, IMPORTANT!
1. Signing up means showing up. If something important comes up, let me know.
2. You may not ask to be promoted to leader. (This does not count for co-hosts.)
3. Players that are in a different party chat or do not have a microphone are more likely to be kicked. Having a mic is a lot more fun for all players, including you, if you can talk with each other and with the host.

How to join
In order to be able to join this lobby, there's one final thing you have to do.
You must make sure to send the following message to me on Xbox Live (REMkings), 15 minutes before my lobby begins:

inv BIOC

Finally, please rate this lobby once it’s over. It will help us to get more and better lobbies in the future. (Obviously this means you also have to use the RSVP-function, so don’t forget about that either.)

That is all! See you in my lobby!
- REMkings

Links
Official BIOC Home Page
Official YouTube Channel
Official BIOC Map Submission Thead
Official BIOC Map Database

PS: I will save the gameplay files of my own maps to be put up on YouTube by kind sir Dax. If you want to get a chance of being in a video on YouTube, make sure to join in early!

Gamer Tag: Vientus
Evacuation is a linear expansive, flood, team based game, were players have five minutes to make it to a pelican to survive the flood outbreak. Players may face traps, locked doors and be tasked with gathering objectives during their escapade to the pelican, all before time runs out.
One of the Departure Maps:
1lkd.jpg

Outpost 9 [Ravine Canvas]: Created by Tdrow (Co-Founder of Evac Halo) modified by Vientus

Damage tables:
Humans are two hits and their shields will recharge after 60 seconds, however they must take no damage. (This includes fall damage)
Humans are invincible when in the pelican, however there is a ten second soft kill bounder preventing them from holding out inside. Once the game time reaches below ten seconds the humans will want to hop into the pelican, in order to “evac”.
Flood are two shots with DMR, BR, or magnum, one shot with shotgun or sniper rifle, and are just a short burst with an assault rifle. The floods shield recharge rate normal. (The same as traditional matchmaking flood)
Flood are given both a damage boost and an over shield to pick up and use. With the damage boost spawning every 45 seconds and the over shield spawning every 35 seconds, (spawn times are based on when the object is picked up). Damage boost increases flood damage making, humans a one hit conversion. While over shield increases flood health making them five shots with a DMR, BR or magnum, two shot with a sniper rifle (this does include head shots) and a longer burst of an assault rifle. However flood are still one shot with a shotgun (this does include over shield)
Load outs:
In evacuation players can chose from a number of different load outs, offering players the opportunity to make each round their own personal experience. Players can choose from the following load outs at the start of the game. And can equip new weapons and or armor ability’s in game by obtaining personal ordinances. Flood in evacuation use standard Halo 4 load outs those being, Thruster Pack, Active Camouflage, and Promethean Vision. Flood do have the use of motion sensors while humans do not.
Scout [load out 1]:
Primary Weapon: DMR Primary
Secondary Weapon: Magnum
Grenades: No Grenades
Armor Ability: Hard light Shield
Tactical Package: AA Efficiently
Support Upgrade: Dexterity
Guard [load out2]:
Primary Weapon: Magnum
Secondary Weapon: None
Armor Ability: Regeneration Field
Tactical Package: Shielding
Support Upgrade: Ammo
Grenadier [load out 3]:
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Armor Ability: Auto Sentry
Tactical Package: Resupply
Support Upgrade: Dexterity
Operator [load out 4]:
Primary Weapon: Shotgun
Armor Ability: Thruster Pack
Tactical Package: AA Efficiently
Assault [load out 5]:
Primary Weapon: BR
Secondary Weapon: DMR
Armor Ability: Hologram
Tactical Package: Firepower
Evacuation was created for a 12 player lobby, while the game type can support 16 players. Evacuation offers optimal play with 12 and the game type should never be played in a lobby lower than 10. Evacuation does have a learning curve and because of this we recommend playing maps at least twice before calling it quits. In all honesty most people don't like how the game plays the first go around, because it's not like most linear flood. However don't let the fact that it's different scare you off; if you stick with it, it's a ton of fun! It just has a learning curve, like any other linear map. The biggest challenge is getting use to the damage tables and tactics need to both convert humans and or survive. If you’re ready to escape your limitations, challenge the status quo, have fun and go beyond, evac awaits.
To Download Maps: Click Here
To Download Game type: Click Here

Status
Not open for further replies.