Map Preview Jade

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
Jadetitle_zps5242e75c.jpg

Jade (working title) is a new asymmetrical 2v2 map built on Ravine. It is built to use the stone walls as part of the map, and makes use of many jumps and routes to create constantly varying gameplay. his is a work in progress and all is not yet final. I am highly interested to hear any comments/questions based on Jade. This pre-release version is currently in my fileshare if you wish to download it. Finally, here are some screenshots of the map as it is now (special thanks to Essias for them).

Thank you for your time.

Jade05_zpsd23b4a7e.png

Jade04_zps794adbcb.png

Jade03_zps3b850a86.png

Jade02_zps9e40384b.png

Jade01_zps28d603ef.png

Reactions: TrickierHades
Looks great! The only thing I would have to say about the map that I think should be fixed is the asthetics. Since this a smaller 2v2 map you should be able to enstill more atmosphere in this map, by this I mean if you really want to make this an amazing map you should see how you can add more to asthetics or change them up a bit. When I see the name jade I think of neon,maybe green, lights and colors. You should experiment with the forge pallet to see if there is any way to diversify the look of your map, cause although the design and gameplay look great it just looks like another map. But that is just my two cents.

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
Looks great! The only thing I would have to say about the map that I think should be fixed is the asthetics. Since this a smaller 2v2 map you should be able to enstill more atmosphere in this map, by this I mean if you really want to make this an amazing map you should see how you can add more to asthetics or change them up a bit. When I see the name jade I think of neon,maybe green, lights and colors. You should experiment with the forge pallet to see if there is any way to diversify the look of your map, cause although the design and gameplay look great it just looks like another map. But that is just my two cents.

I can understand that. I've done what I can with the geometry to make it look unique, but you're right, there's no real flashy anything. I can take a look, this comment might promote a more in depth look by myself, but without the grass available I cannot to much. The forge pallet is rather uniform, and even with all the crates, stones, rock walls and the water below, the main pieces cant have more color than a painted strip. I may add color to the pieces, I just haven't figured out if that would look good or not.

Thank you for the interest and your comment.

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
Thanks! I'll have it up on my fileshare in about 12 hours. Its late here and I'm sleeping soon. So yeah, 9-12 hours it should be up. Look for it then if you want the download. Thanks again, I'm glad you like the looks of it! I have another one I just posted as well, Opal. You can check that out if you like as well. Its somewhat similar, but not really.