Mini Game Installation 04B

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
Installation 04B (version 2016-02-16) - Halo 3's Warthog Run remade in Halo 5! Use with Warthog Run gametype.

Hey everyone!

For those of you that follow me and are constantly up to date on what I am making, I am happy to show you my newest mini game map: Installation 04B!

You may notice this map is very similar to the warthog run on the last level of Halo 3, however, it has been modified to fit into Halo 5's multiplayer!

Here is how to play:

Teams of 2-3 players (use Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and...

Read more about this map...

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
When we played this today, testers found that it was too easy for the banshees to swoop down and knock the 'hogs off the map. This, combined with the map's other hazards, made things a bit more difficult for the 'hogs than players would like.

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
When we played this today, testers found that it was too easy for the banshees to swoop down and knock the 'hogs off the map. This, combined with the map's other hazards, made things a bit more difficult for the 'hogs than players would like.
Gotcha, thanks for the feedback!

I thought that might be a problem and tried putting in teleporters for when the banshees got too close to the track they would teleport away, but found that only like 2 or 3 teleporters were working. I'll continue to look into ways to fix this!

I have an idea in mind that might work :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Psychoduck

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
xXBarthXx updated Installation 04B with a new update entry:

Installation 04B V1.2 Update

Hey everyone!

Quick update I wanted to put out for version 1.2 of Installation 04B:

Version 1.2 patch notes:
  • Boundaries have been modified, and some teleporters have been replaced with kill boundaries

What to expect in the next update:

It has come to my attention that the banshees can ram the warthogs, making it kind of tough for the hogs to get through the map. I am going to try to weld teleporters to the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
I think the ramming adds some pretty hilarious moments to the game. The only real issue is that the banshees over power the warthogs whether that be through ramming (which is pretty funny) or through gunning them down, the warthogs have it pretty rough. Some of the maps aesthetics need a little cleaned up however that is not a major issue. I think you just need to find a way to have so the banshees cannot use their plasma turrets seeing as the have no cool downs. Perhaps welding something to the front of the banshees could work somewhat better? Just a thought. Though I do think removing the banshee ramming would be a bad idea, I think it gives the map some personality and it allows for some... unexpected moments.

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
I think the ramming adds some pretty hilarious moments to the game. The only real issue is that the banshees over power the warthogs whether that be through ramming (which is pretty funny) or through gunning them down, the warthogs have it pretty rough. Some of the maps aesthetics need a little cleaned up however that is not a major issue. I think you just need to find a way to have so the banshees cannot use their plasma turrets seeing as the have no cool downs. Perhaps welding something to the front of the banshees could work somewhat better? Just a thought. Though I do think removing the banshee ramming would be a bad idea, I think it gives the map some personality and it allows for some... unexpected moments.

Thank you for your feedback!

I do like the idea on welding something to the front of the banshee so they can only use banshee bombs. Now that I think about it, I could have done that with the phaeton. Phaetons were my original plan but I found that the machine gun slowed down the warthogs so much that they couldn't make the jumps, and ramming warthogs with phaetons is too op in my opinion.

But back to the banshee welding idea, I'm just not sure if it's possible depending on if projectiles come out of the same or different spots on the banshee. I'll have to test it out :)

As for the ramming with the banshee, I guess I will have to do a little more play testing myself to see if I think it is too op or not. It didn't happen in any of the game I played, but depending on if it happens too often or too easily when other people play I may need to get rid of it.

Or maybe I can do the phaetons with rockets only and teleporters on warthogs so they can;t be rammed. So many decisions :D

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com

Installation 04B V1.5 Update

VERSION 1.5 UPDATE

Hey everyone!

I've made a few changes to the map and gametype to help balance gameplay and fix issues players were having.

CHANGES MADE TO INSTALLATION 04B:
1. Edited soft kill boundary in spawn zone
  • Some of you guys had complaints that the kill boundary killed too many players at the beginning of each round. Players did not have enough time to get their team into a warthog and start driving. Now,...

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com

Version 1.6 Update

VERSION 1.6 UPDATE

Hey guys!

I've made a few more changes to the map, since we have a higher object count, and made changes to the gametype to help balance gameplay and fix issues players were having.

1. More floor tiles
  • Added few more tiles to the track, some of them fall :)
2. Added Explosions
  • Added a few explosion fx pieces to give it...

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com

Anvil's Legacy Update

VERSION 1.7 UPDATE

Hey all!

Since Anvil's Legacy came out I decide to update the map a little more, and also give you a heads up on a bug.

1. ONI Hogs
  • Added ONI Hogs as the starting hogs to counter Banshees.
2. Added Kill Balls
  • Added kill balls to kill afk players at the beginning.
3. Added music
  • Added music to the...

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com

No More Updates (For Now)

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd share this information for other people to see about my map, as it may be useful for other players:

If you have the "343 featured" tag on your map/game mode/prefab you CAN NOT make any edits to your content or add any of your own tags. If you do, you content will have the "343 featured" tag automatically removed.

Because of this, I will not be able to make any more changes to Warthog Run or Installation 04B. If this setting is changed in the...

Lavernica

Novice
Dec 14, 2016
Is the game mode or map broken? I cannot get it to work. The warthogs go really slow and I've had other glitches like immediately suiciding upon spawning.

xXBarthXx

Distinguished
May 10, 2015
www.youtube.com
Is the game mode or map broken? I cannot get it to work. The warthogs go really slow and I've had other glitches like immediately suiciding upon spawning.

The suicide glitch is fixed. The warthogs go slow because there is a teleporter welded to them, and vehicle welding makes them super heavy now. That's a problem on 343's end and sadly there's nothing I can do to fix that :(