Insanmiac's Best of the Dead Contest

Insanmiac, the YouTube channel that functions as your number one destination for anything Flood-related, has recently held a contest that went by a name as convenient as it is macabre, the "Best of the Dead" contest. The long wait is now over!

After having received over 50 submissions and cutting it down to 7 maps that ultimately fought for the top spots, he has finally declared which three community maps he considered best in his first contest of many more to come.
Make sure to get your popcorn ready and don't restrain from holding your mommy's hand in case things get a little bit too intense for you; the maps shown on screen might just discomfort you with some frightening moments before you meet your demise! My advice is to turn down the lights, you probably don't want to draw the attention of Flood lurking on the street or in the mines...
Instructions on how to download the maps can be found in the description of the video.
And of course, last but not least: make sure to subscribe to Insanmiac's if your as much of a Flood enthusiast as I am!​
The winning maps and their creators:​
#3 "Bacon City" - by Pol Wah
#2 "Destitute in Chains" - By REMkings
#1 "Emerald Mine" - By Robius5991

Reactions: Titmar
These maps look freakin' sweet.
Congrats to the winners! Every one of those maps look so cool, I can't wait to play them in my next customs night!!

played all 3 of these tonight, they all have their own special charms and unique gameplay. All musts for any fans of infection, seriously, they're great.

my party particularly liked Bacon City, its soooo beautifully forged, and plays amazingly on top of that.

I figured I'd go ahead and state it here as well: be reminded that my map, "Destitute in Chains", is still a work in process. I'm still working on things such as the hallways to make them more cramped and all so it's easier to navigate on the map, and also scarier. So I wouldn't download it yet if you rather have the final version at your disposal.

The atmospheres of those maps make me feel proud that 343i turned Infection into Flood. It works so well!

Bacon City was my favorite as well, but i really enjoyed Destitute in Chains as well. It was hard to figure out where i was going, but that was part of what was cool about it. Emerald Mine i did not particularly care for, but it might have been better with another flood gametype.