i have an idea

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
this is an idea that I want your opinion on it.

map title: Out Break
map base: A dark crashed ship with areas of low gravity, dark rooms, torn in half, and with many aesthetics. Will be a competitive and a just for looks map.
unique features: A home made aesthetic weapon of my design, real turrets, and a special Easter egg.

Please tell me your opinion and give me a tip of what you would like to see.
I'll take all opinions and tips until I'm done.
I will take a few pictures of my progress and will start on it as soon as I can.:D

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
thanks and it will include flood, party of 8-12, regicide, dominion, hopefully extraction, CTF, and assault.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
hey reeper i got your message so i came to check out the thread.

i agree with mazdak - you should be a little more specific about what you want this map to be played for, so we can better help with ideas.

from what you've described so far, it sounds like something that would be great for Flood.

i've seen a couple maps that use a cool effect that might work for this -

using a combination of lighting and special effect pieces, they made it really really dark in the map, and then they used upside-down gravity zones in certain spots (the visible ones, NOT the invisible) and it ended up looking like little fireflies were floating around the map. i thought it was a really creative and cool effect, and it might work out well for a map like this.

i would also recommend using the dominion pieces like the Terminal Wires to make it look like a damaged ship as well.

that's about all i can say without having more details or seeing pictures of the map.

mazdak26

Proficient
not if I use player traits to have low gravity in the shafts so nothing else Is affected
putting gravity zones kind of breaks immersion, especially if you're going for a theme. I would suggest adding plenty of stairs and lifts, or, you could have the ship crashed at a 45 degree angle so you can not only walk around the floors, bt also walk up what would normally be the walls if the ship was crashed, though you do need to make sure it is clear which the floor and ceiling are by adding various tables and monitors.

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
ok ill try that and the dominion will work by 3 peace's and I want it to mainly be slayer, dominion, and flood.

Parker Melnyk

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
a galaxy far far away
I like the idea of the tilt in the map i think it adds alot to the overall feel. I think the elivator should have pipes or similar things on the walls so you can jump up but keep stairs moderately close by but make sure there is an advantage to going up the elivator

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
the advantage is you get up quicker and I can do the tilt but it wont work in the 4D witch means you have to look up or down all the time and/or its unbalanced.
its a good idea but wont work in a match.