Honeycomb

Core Honeycomb

Bandrith

Novice
Apr 14, 2015
Honeycomb (version 2015-06-06) - Pseudo symmetry!

Honeycomb is an asymmetric KOTH map designed for 2v2/3v3 games. The gameplay is based around sticking together as a team while splitting up to flank your enemies when necessary.

I am still experimenting with weapon/powerup placement, but for now there is a sniper in A hill on a 90 second cooldown with 1 spare clip.

To download, use the new 'Find Player' option by selecting yourself in the roster. Search for "xXandrith", then go to File Share, then Map Variants. Check out my other maps while...

Read more about this map...

Bandrith

Novice
Apr 14, 2015
Added a version 1.3 that has camo instead of sniper at 90 seconds. Does not spawn at start.

S0UL FLAME

Proficient
Apr 17, 2014
When I saw the name of this map, I thought someone attempted to remake the horrid Dominion map from Halo 4. Glad to see this was not the case. Nice map.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This looks really cool. It's very simple and straightforward, but it should make for some really intense, fast-paced hill games. I'm a bit worried about callouts on the map given that several areas look very similar to one another. I'm also a bit worried about spawning given the circular nature of the map and the resulting lack of safe nooks. Still, looks like a very fresh design with the way players will be forced to move vertically and the way sightlines intersect. I look forward to playing.

Also, you've got holes in the map geometry where you used 45 degree bridges. Their corners are rounded, but the corners of your exterior walls are not. Those are going to eat a lot of grenades unless they're fixed. :p

Bandrith

Novice
Apr 14, 2015
This looks really cool. It's very simple and straightforward, but it should make for some really intense, fast-paced hill games. I'm a bit worried about callouts on the map given that several areas look very similar to one another. I'm also a bit worried about spawning given the circular nature of the map and the resulting lack of safe nooks. Still, looks like a very fresh design with the way players will be forced to move vertically and the way sightlines intersect. I look forward to playing.

Also, you've got holes in the map geometry where you used 45 degree bridges. Their corners are rounded, but the corners of your exterior walls are not. Those are going to eat a lot of grenades unless they're fixed. :p
I was hoping no one would notice those cracks): Its an easy fix though.

The few 2v2s that Ive played the map had very nice spawning, but I understand what you are saying and it could still be a problem.

I have found that the map is easy to navigate once you understand the layout completey. If you are on the high side, you are looking down at everything, and the opposite for the low side. Middle is obviously both. It would be very easy to add color to help out with orientation if this becomes a problem.

Last edited:

Bandrith

Novice
Apr 14, 2015
Honeycomb 1.4 is uploaded and ready to play. I have added color coding to help with team callouts and fixed various holes throughout the map. Top mid now has a hole with camo spawning in the center of it every 90 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psychoduck