News HaloCustoms Weekly Roundup - 6th Mar '17

front-page-halo-news-png.14462

Roll up, roll up, one and all, come read our weekly update, I guarantee you'll have a ball!

First off, Halo 5 will be getting a patch on March 7th, with some sandbox tweaks and updates to improve the stability of the game. Here's a list of some of the more notable changes:
  • Movement speed and jump height now have 0% option in custom game settings
  • Added custom game option to control clean up times for weapons and vehicles
  • Lowered Sniper Rifle hip aim assist - no more 360 no-scoping kids across the map on Colliseum
  • Reduced Plasma Caster fall-off damage range
  • Greatly improved rendering performance on Forge objects with material swap that was causing framerate issues across many maps
  • Fixed issue where user maps were becoming corrupt/unloadable

There will also be a test for some changes to how the motion sensor works in Halo 5. Currently it shows the player quite a lot of information and there has been a lot of debate as to it's uses and how it should function. Some want to remove it all together, others would rather it stayed. The test settings will be rolled out in a special playlist dubbed "Proving Grounds" debuting on the 9th of March, where 343i will be trying out sandbox changes before adding them to the rest of the game.

The radar will be changed to only show two things: Unsilenced weapons being fired & players using Spartan abilities (Sprint, Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, Stabilize and Clamber). The range will also be extended to 25m to reduce the effectiveness of abilities like Spartan Charge. This test will be at least a month long, most likely longer until 343i have gathered all the information they require to make a decision. There will be feedback threads on the Halo Waypoint forums, but you can also Tweet at the devs with your feedback.

Read the full update here

brandonwinn@halohls-c01a5975dc2f452c96abf6b22012a714.jpg

Last weekend, HWC Mexico city was on, but it seems there was another tournament going on, HWC Australia/New Zealand. Our brothers and sisters down under were throwing down for a spot at the HWC finals in Los Angeles. The final match came down to Griffindor against Team Immunity, and this time it was 4 points to Team Immunity and a place in the Halo World Championship finals. Watch the final moments here.

halowcmexicowinners-3ad9011d129e4a3b8a775623dd1c0fa8.jpg

HWC Mexico city Winners Shock the World: Bullet, Tapping Buttons, Atzo, and Drift

This weekend it's the turn of the NA teams to duke it out in Fabulous Las Vegas, with 6 spots in the finals on the line. We'll see the likes of Optic Gaming, Team Liquid and Evil Genius vying for those all important places. It's sure to be a tense one, as last years winners Counter Logic Gaming aren't around to defend their title but their full team roster will be playing under the Optic banner so they'll be a force to be reckoned with. The streams will be on twitch as always, Friday and Saturday are over with the Sunday stream on as I write this.

Much closer to home, we'll be taking part in a little skirmish of our own as we take on those scrubs lovely people over at the 343i community Forums in a Community vs. Community clash of skill, wits and cunning. Good luck to both teams involved and be sure to check up on how we're doing in the recap threads. It's nice to be able to play with like-minded communities and if Friday's lobby was anything to go by, there will definitely be more to come in the future. Watch this space!

Z6N3uCD.png

Not sure that Overshield will stand up to a rocket...

Finally this week for the community feature we have a unique minigame from Toastman & Anemeros: Spies vs Mercs. A take on the game mode made popular by the Splinter Cell series of games, this mode pits teams of 2 against each other utilizing all of the scripting that Halo 5's Forge mode has to offer. The spies are equipped with permanent cloaks and a silenced pistol and must hack a total of 5 objectives whilst avoiding the Mercs, who are armed to the teeth and ready for a fight. Head over to the thread here or watch the video below to learn more!

Be sure to send us anything cool you find and it could end up on our weekly update!

That's all from me this week, have a good one!

All I want to know is if they enabled weapon damage to go higher than 100% in custom games?
That is by far the single feature I've been waiting on.
(You know, besides Halo Reach/Halo 4 level spartan customization)

All I want to know is if they enabled weapon damage to go higher than 100% in custom games?
That is by far the single feature I've been waiting on.
(You know, besides Halo Reach/Halo 4 level spartan customization)

If it's not in the full patch list, it's not in the game I'm afraid. Surely lowering player health would compensate for this?

If it's not in the full patch list, it's not in the game I'm afraid. Surely lowering player health would compensate for this?
As a work around? Yes. However, that doesn't account for environmental constructs, vehicles, etc. Lowering the players health also runs the risk of them being more vulnerable to non-player sources of damage (though fall damage can be countered if I recall correctly). It is just bizarre that out of all the customization features present in the game that Weapon Damage is the only feature that can't exceed 100%, and not to mention that Melee Damage at the least can reach 200-300% range, which makes the point of weapon damage not being able to do the same illogical. It personally bugs me that one feature in the game lacks the precision of control that the rest of settings effectively offer.

Generally my philosophy with games is that 'If nothing is lost by retaining it, then don't remove it', because it's great to have options available to you (especially in games like halo), and the prospect of having a feature that has remained across the series only for it to suddenly not be there? It just doesn't make any measure of sense.

It hasn't severely impacted my enjoyment of the game all things considered, as I still enjoy what the game does have to offer, but it just doesn't make any sense for such a small but otherwise consistent piece to just disappear for seemingly no good reason.

[EDIT]
It's kinda like not having a 2x3 lego piece.

Reactions: Psychoduck
As a work around? Yes. However, that doesn't account for environmental constructs, vehicles, etc.
On that note, I would really like to be able to tune vehicle health, vehicle occupant health, and vehicle weapon damage. The ability to tune vehicle weight, speed and other physics options would be welcome, too, but simply tuning health and damage is something I've wanted forever.