News HaloCustoms Weekly Roundup - 16th May '17

halo-newz-png.17797

Afternoon all, it's another (late, sorry) weekly update!

I've been ill with some kind of cough/throat infection so it's going to be a short one this week.

Something different to start us off this week, some background music while you read. A cover of Breaking Benjamin's Blow Me Away track from the Halo 2 OST, sung by the extremely talented Frankie Day:

Time for some meat to go with those vocal potatoes. It's a sad day for the Halo community as Dan Ayoub, 343 industries Studio Head for Strategy has left to go and work with Microsoft's Mixed Reality team. Dan has been working on Halo for the best part of 8 years starting on 2009's Halo: Reach and has helped 343i work with some amazing studios and partners from around the world. Worry not, as the next Halo Wars 2 DLC is safe in the hands of Dan's former team at 343i and there are some wonderful surprises to come! We'll miss you Dan!

HCS Daytona was also over the weekend, and I spent a lot of time watching it while I felt sorry for myself coughing up my guts and trying not to think about being ill. 7 Pro teams and one team from the previous weekend's open qualifiers did battle over 3 days through the group stages and into the Finals bracket, competing for a chance to win a cut of the $75,000 prize pool. If you don't want any spoilers, skip the next paragraph.

Team EnVyUs prevailed coming through from the losers bracket to beat Optic Gaming in two 7 game series, winning 4-3 both times in what was a marathon Final. Optic Gaming fought hard every step of the way, pushing Team EnVyUs to the limits of their abilities, but the pro skills of Snipedown, Pistola, Mikwen, and Huke; coached by Elumnite knocked down that Green Wall to take the top spot. Team Liquid and Splyce were third anf fourth respectively, with Oxygen Supremacy, Str8 Rippin, Luminosity Gaming and Ronin Esports rounding out the results. Extra props to Oxygen Supremacy for bagging 5th place coming in from the Open Qualifiers.

HCS Summer Pro League starts on the 20th of May, starting with the qualifiers where teams will battle for one of the 8 spaces in the summer Pro League tournament.

daytona-socialasset-motd-pattern1920x572-f6cfd3e654a64663a98a9fe48347281c.png

The Battle golf forge contest is still hip-happening with some awesome prizes for the winners, so be sure to check out the full thread here

Finally this week, someone's made Cortana into an actual Hologram. See it for yourself:

I'll hopefully be less ill this weekend and be able to give you a proper update. Until then, cya!