Event HaloCustoms vs The World #1

front-page-hc-vs-world.png
Hello there, do you remember the good old times when there were big site-wide custom gaming events? Do you remember those awesome Staff vs Community events where we always whooped your sorry asses? Do you remember, before the dark times? Before the Empire? We do too, and we've been pretty bummed out about the lack of custom gaming and ass-kicking for the last few months. Luckily for everyone, a new opportunity for such things has presented itself with the advent of moderately stable matchmaking in Halo: The Master Chief Collection after the patch which came out a while back.

This time you don't even have to worry about getting your ass kicked by your loving staff team, because it's us (all of us) against the world! This coming weekend, your favorite oranges and apples will be hosting a few lobbies at varying times in the hope that at least one of them will fit into your schedule. These parties will each include seven players (likely two staff and five of you lovely blueberries) and will venture into the BTB playlist in MCC for some fun games. Depending on turnout, we may need to rotate some of you fine fellows out for some fresh berries over the course of the lobby. We hope you won't mind.
tcl-png.13279
HaloCustoms vs The World: Tea & Crumpets Lobby - 4pm EST - Saturday, April 18
Your favorite plonkers; adderrson and Sgt x Slaphead will be hosting the first event at a time which you European fellows will hopefully find reasonable.
cdl-png.13278
HaloCustoms vs The World: Coffee & Donuts Lobby - 8pm EST - Saturday, April 18
Your favorite yanks; Psychoduck and Flying Shoe ILR will be hosting the second event at a time which we hope you 'Mericans and Eskimos Canadians will find agreeable. Hopefully some of you Australians will make it as well. To sign up, RSVP to this lobby here.
uo-png.13280
HaloCustoms vs The World: United Offensive - 4pm EST - Sunday, April 19
Miss the Saturday lobbies? Fear not, for adderrson and possibly myself or another staffer will be hosting another lobby on Sunday. Link coming soon!
These times are all tentative and may be subject to change slightly based on our schedules. If they do, we'll be sure to let you know.

So, why should you be excited about this event? Well, in addition to it being a fun way to play some Haloez with your bestest buds on the whole wide interwebz, the event will be immortalized on the uTubz! Addy and I will be recording the lobbies and editing the highlights into a recap video which will show up on THFE later on. Don't miss this opportunity to prove to the rest of the world that HaloCustoms is awesome!

Hope to see you next weekend!

Last edited:
Hmm, do I pick coffee, or tea...
But regardless of who I pick (probably both, cause Canadians are internationally accepted), I will gladly use my MLG 360pr0snipez from across the map skillz that kill to murdilate (mutilate + murder) for the glory of HC.

I haven't played Halo Multiplayer in about 3 months, so I hesitate to participate, but I'm sure I'll see y'all there

I can actually participate in all three lobbies, but I'm definitely gonna see If I can squeeze into the one on Saturday night! Sounds like a lot of fun!
EDIT: How exactly does one go about joining one of these lobbies?

I can actually participate in all three lobbies, but I'm definitely gonna see If I can squeeze into the one on Saturday night! Sounds like a lot of fun!
EDIT: How exactly does one go about joining one of these lobbies?
Clicking on the title for the lobby sends you to the lobby itself. You can RSVP there.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the event! There were a few hiccups (mostly on Xbox Live's end), but all in all I think the event can be considered a success. I think that we will definitely be continuing this style of event in the future. I have loads of hilarious moments from my lobby recorded and you can expect to see those, along with highlights from Addy's lobbies, in the recap video next weekend.