HaloCustoms Community Montage

hc on.png

**The following post is brought to you by Z3R0FLAME. He initially presented to me the idea of a HaloCustoms Community Montage, and deserves full credit for the contents of this post.**

The community of HaloCustoms has a lot to be proud of. From our extensive Map database, to the constant stream of Custom Games, it is the talented and dedicated members of our website that make everything possible. So let’s try something brand new that encompasses the whole HaloCustoms community - something more that we can look back upon with fond memories of our friendship and love for Halo 4. What could that thing be, you might ask?

Our very own HaloCustoms Community Montage!

A community montage is a synthesis of player-provided clips, showcasing our most incredible moments of playing the game. These clips will be arranged into a montage fashion, to showcase them in the most fitting way possible.

We want your clips! Here’s how the process works:
  1. Play Halo 4 in either Matchmaking (preferred) or a Custom Game
  2. Do something awesome! Anything you’re proud of, we’re interested in.
  3. After you’ve completed your match, go into Theater mode to view it. (It will be in your Temporary History).
  4. Record your clip. Include an extra 5-10 seconds before and after the “action scene”.
  5. Save your clip and title it as follows: “(HaloCustoms username) (# of clip that you’ve submitted)”
    As an example: If this is my second clip that I've submitted, then it should be titled “Z3R0FLAME 2”. It should now be in your Local Files.
  6. Upload the clip to your FileShare, and keep it there for the duration of this event.
  7. IMPORTANT! Include a “Tag” on the file with the following letters EXACTLY: “HCCM” (for HaloCustoms Community Montage).

You can submit as many clips as you’d like, and there are no standards!
The deadline for submitting clips is March 1st at 11:59 p.m. CST, so don’t wait until the last minute!

When submissions close, all the clips will be judged according the very scientific Law of Awesomology. After all of them are judged, they get handed off to the editor who will masterfully combine as many clips as he can into a montage that is around eight (8) minutes in length, maximum. He will pull first from the most awesome, and continue until they have reached their comfortable capacity. As such, we’re telling everyone right now that there is a potential that your clip may not “make the cut.” That’s all the more reason to strive for better clips – if you want, you can think of it as a friendly competition between your fellow players.

That’s it! See you on the battlefield (or better yet, watch me 360 weapon-swap no-scope wall-hack quad-collateral Assassination-Hail Mary… with an Energy Sword.) :coffee:

-Z3R0FLAME

Got my clip up. It was a competitive custom game from a few nights ago, MockKnizzle and I were having a fun time hoggin' about that night and we pulled off some funny stuff.

Also, I uploaded a good clip of myself in a Mantis on Big Team from a long time ago smashing 3 players in a row (Nigel Thornberry approved).

Just as a little "jumpstarter" for people who are wondering if they have maybe even recorded a clip already:

If you have taken place in a tournament (say, our 1v1 tourney or whatever) those clips are still cool for submission! Usually awesomeness happens when more people are involved, but if you're proud of it, submit it!

Reactions: EmbarkingZeus
Zandril, I hate to go against what Z3R0FLAME said, but even though it might not be too noticeable, recording a clip from Youtube clip is going to result in a loss in quality no matter how you go about it. And it's limiting from an editing point of view as well. Let's just stick to saved films uploaded to your file share. :y:

LSLxArocha Exactly what Zero said! It's super simple to check for tagged film clips. All we'll have to do is go to the Film Clip File Browser here, and search specifically for the "HCCM" tag, and boom. That's it!

I've down better than that. I've 720 back flipped wall jumped no scoped halo rings during an unstoppable killing spree.... with a no weapons mod.
untitled.png

Reactions: RogerDodger
I wonder if anyone else will be posting any hivemind sprees. I know I will. Hope whoever is judging can appreciate flood too.