Halo: Spartan Assault Launches July 2013

HaloSAteaser.jpg

a top-down, twin stick-style arcade shooter coming to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 devices in July. Not only does the game move away from the first-person perspective the series is known for, but it will also include what Microsoft describes as a "unique fusion of touch and console-like controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming."
Via the Verge

Set between the events of “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” “Halo: Spartan Assault” is a new chapter of the award-winning “Halo” universe that explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.
Via Kotaku

Coming to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 next month! Looks and sounds like a pretty kickass timekiller game.

Halo Waypoint released more gameplay!!

The game is a bit more interesting with this additional gameplay:

Here is probably what will happen: It will be bought by a severe minority because of the platform. People will (maybe) realize it is a good game, but won't get it because of the platform. 343 industries will probably convert it into an xbox arcade game, just to get sufficient sales.

Damnit. I was hoping for a F2P Halo title...

I was hoping for this too, but with some of the reactions about the differences between Halo 3 and 4, I didn't see it going that way, and was right (though I definitely didn't think of a top-down game, very cool). Halo 4 would have had to be accepted as the new norm (classes, loadouts, etc are all vital to a successful F2P game, otherwise you're just asking for a $60 game for free), and it quite obviously wasn't accepted as well as it could have. I'm hopeful that they can pull it off after Halo 5, but it all depends on if people can handle what a F2P game entails. Crossed fingers for an amazing Halo 5!