Halo Customs Minigame Competition - Sponsored by GamerModz.com

hcofficialcompetition.jpg

Submissions closed.
Voting will commence shortly!

Greetings, Halo Customs.
We are aware that your infatuation for a good competitive game in Halo runs deep as the blood in your veins. Nourishing that need for intense competitive fighting is something that we try and support here. In this game, I can say that nothing feels quite as good as landing your virtual boots on a new platform, taking a swift look around, and readying your rifle to fight whatever your foes throw at you.

But that's not what this is. Give it time. That will come. For now, lets look at the lighter side of Halo, the part that was never intended to exist in the first place. Lets have a look at Halo minigames. Yes, they've always been a fun break from the norm, but are often taken more lightly than they deserve. A minigame must be balanced just as a competitive map is made fair. Time must be spent in the gametype editor as well as in forge, finding the best settings for your newborn map.

So now into the part that many of you will be interested in. "Why should I submit my game to your contest, Halo Customs?" Well to be short, you don't really have a reason not to. To be slightly less short, we have a fantastic controller and xbox skin for the winner of this contest. Gamermodz, custom gaming controller and decal extraordinaire, offers to you these fine prizes. The good people at Gamermodz have been in business for a while, releasing fully functional mods for games such as Gears of War 2 and Halo 3. They were also the first to release a full mod chip for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

halo_2_xbox_360_skin.jpg
Some of Gamermodz's Halo themed Merchandise. Far from their only source of design. I'm loving the looks of a skull and rose skin they have right now.

Be it the classic lava pit minigame from previous Halo's, or some brand new one making use of the armor abilities, we want to see what creative concoction that the people of Halo Customs can come up with. We have a controller just sitting around anyway, collecting metaphorical dust. The beautiful people at Gamermodz were kind enough to support us with this prize, and to whoever wins this, I'm envious. I need a new controller and they make some fantastic custom designs. We all decided it could use a good home, and since my idea of giving it to myself for free didn't go over so well, what better way to decide that home than making you all compete
against one another? Nothing is the answer. Nothing at all.

________________________________________________________________________________

Submission Requirements:
• Submission(s) must be entered by June the 3rd 10th.​
• Limit of one map per a creator, but if you were a coforger, its still okay. For example, if A submits his best map, B can still submit the map that was coforged by A+B, but then B cannot submit his map. So, it's one submission per a forger, but not necessarily one map per player. The player that submits gets to choose who gets the controller, in case of a conflict between winners.​
• The submission must be a minigame. This can be defined as any gametype and map combination that deviates from the norm, creating a new kind of game around the parameters of a normal one. Examples would include Duck Hunt, Lava Pit, Smashy Boom, Plinko, etc.​
• The submission must support at least 8 players.​
• Coforging is allowed, however only one creator will be able to receive the controller prize.​
• The submitting person must be either an author or co-author of the minigame.​
Prizes (Sponsored by Gamermodz):
We've gotten a few nifty awards for the winner of this contest. Both of the following will go to the victor.
• A unique, Halo-themed controller, courtesy of Gamermodz. The website offers their concentration in custom-built gaming controllers, the one we're giving away optionally modded with their SPS-2 rapidfire mod.​
Gamermodz's Halo-themed Xbox skin.​
Voting:
Voting will be done by the community as a whole when the entries are all in. The submissions may be given until Monday the 3rd, and voting will begin soon after. The entries will be broken into a bracket system and from there you'll have control over what entry makes it onward. Current details as follow. More may be revealed in upcoming announcements as we arrive in the voting stage of this contest.
  • Duplicate accounts are prohibited.
  • The community members as a whole will vote for the winner through a series of brackets.
________________________________________________________________________________

Feel free to show your friends this competition, we'd love to see what the whole community has been up to with minigames. Another thanks to Gamermodz for their support in our competition. Until next time, I wish you each the best of luck. Carry on, and be fantastic.

No limit was mentioned in the planning, so no limit at the moment. Though if for whatever reason one is made, we'll let you know.

Edited the submission rules. Regrettably, the limit of maps was forgotten about as a factor during the make of this contest and we've just now found a solution. I'll be contacting any of you who have so far put in multiple submissions and both this thread and the submission thread will be edited with the following rule in just a moment. I apologize for the confusion and the uncertainty with this question. We'll be sure to consider this in the future before we announce anything.

New submission rule as follows:

• Limit of one map per a creator, but if you were a coforger, its still okay. For example, if A submits his best map, B can still submit the map that was coforged by A+B, but then B cannot submit his map. So, it's one submission per a forger, but not necessarily one map per player. The player that submits gets to choose who gets the controller, in case of a conflict between winners.

Reactions: NinetysBorn