Halo Bulletin 5-29-13

hc-coolstuff.jpg

What's this? A new Halo Bulletin? So it seems. There's lots of juicy info about the upcoming weapon tuning update in this one, which you can check out in full detail over on Halo Waypoint.

For those of us who like nice bite-sized snippets, here's the highlights:

• Several members of the 343i team will be participating in an Xbox LIVE Community Playdate on June 3rd from 5-7pm PDT to kick off the release of the multiplayer weapon tuning update. More info will be available later this week on Waypoint.
Final weapon tunings are as follows:
  • BR damage increased to 4-shot-kill capability. Rate of fire and red-reticule range (where autoaim kicks in) slightly decreased. Two bursts + melee will now kill.
  • Carbine is now 7-shot-kill. Accuracy increased (via a reduction in bullet spread) and red-reticule range decreased.
  • DMR red-reticule range slightly decreased.
  • LR zoomed rate of fire increased. Un-zoomed RoF slightly decreased. Red-reticule range increased to match updated DMR's.
  • For all automatic primaries: damage increased (all weapons kill in 3 fewer projectiles), auto-aim angle reduced, and bullet spread decreased.
  • SAW damage increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the AR.
  • Magnum damage slightly increased, still kills in 6 rounds.
  • Mantis and Warthog chaingun damage increased.
Additionally, player base movement speed is being upped to 110% across all playlists and game modes (save for a few specific ones, such as Snipers, Grifball, and some Action Sack modes).

Matchmaking playlist updates:
  • The Slayer Pro mode in BTB and Infinity Slayer will now have an AR loadout.
  • CSR Matching Duration increased for all modes (basically the game will look longer for teammates and opponents at your CSR level).
  • Majestic DLC will return, replacing the Community Forge Island playlist.
  • CTF overtime increased to 2 minutes, and big-party matching turned on.
  • KoTH hill timer increased to 50 from 25, and score-to-win increased to 250.
  • All multiplayer maps updated - new spawns, ordnance locations, vehicles, forge objects. More details in the Bulletin.
That about sums it up for important info, although there's some pretty sweet Flood screenshots near the bottom if you're interested. Have a nice day!

Because it's terrible :p

The Mantis chaingun is kinda like a gigantic Suppressor at the moment; useless at anything but point-blank range and overheats extremely quickly, which is kinda silly since it's supposed to be a state-of-the-art heavy weapons platform.

I'm glad they are buffing the mantis and the warthog as they are taken out a lot easier with just the original player load-outs... Now everyone has a plasma pistol and plasma grenade and they await for their victims to come so they will share their power of the stun+grenade... Anyways I think operator+rogue= OP since that's what I use as my main class. Light rifle is better zoomed in D: I hate that gun. I'm glad they are buffing the carbine and BR to equally match with the DMR though. That seemed like something they always should of had. BR has always been my favorite weapon since halo 3.

My official opinion on this... Good job 343 for this upcoming update. Now I'm going to read if they changed anything in forge... as I'm disappointed that kill-zones and trait-zones start in the game instantly even if you set it to spawn-at-start = false. Also you have to deal damage in order for mines to explode when you run over them in a vehicle... A ghost can run full speed over a mine and it won't blow up if your damage is set to 0. Also it can't kill you either which confuses me... Completely ruined many of my ideas.

Hopefully there will be better updates like this!

Fuck the fucking Slayer Pro BTB bullshit.
That shit needs it's own playlist. I'm tired of jumping into lobbies and EVERY CHOICE IS SLAYER PRO.
I don't choose to play Slayer Pro, I'm not an MLG player, I want Infinity BTB. So do my friends.
We used to run multiple 8-man parties in matchmaking BTB, but no one wants to play it anymore. Why? SLAYER FUCKING PRO

Reactions: RogerDodger
Elliot, I think that the changes will effect the whole game, not just matchmaking. I may be wrong though. I only skimmed the article and havent been keeping up with the news around this game well.

Elliot, I think that the changes will effect the whole game, not just matchmaking. I may be wrong though. I only skimmed the article and havent been keeping up with the news around this game well.

I hope so, that will be amazing. It is the one thing that annoyed me about the Reach title update; they didn't truly believe in it and didn't even make the change to every playlist.

Reactions: REMkings