Halo Bulletin 1.16.13

There's some awesome news in this bulletin!
We get a great recap of spartan ops storyline and news that the new missions go live next week.

Also...
Also premiering is our “Community Forge Test” playlist, which introduces community-made Forge maps into a brand new Matchmaking playlist. These maps have been selected with the assistance of the Community Cartographers as the first batch of community favorites, and this hopper allows you to play a variety of 4 vs. 4 game types, to report bugs and provide feedback that will be reviewed by the Matchmaking Systems Team.

Hopefully we'll be seeing some amazing maps coming into matchmaking next week!
I'm looking forward to that extra spicyness! NOM.

Read the update here!
Discuss!

It's nice to see 343 taking an interest in 4v4 maps. I think it will do the game wonders. One strategy I would seriously suggest is to not be reluctant to put custom infection maps and gametypes. While MM flood is still pretty fun, it doesn't achieve any of the potential that the community has been reaching consistently for years.

Reactions: Titmar
Now if they put it some cool maps like Stigma, any of the Guardian remakes, and any of the Blackout/Lockout remakes, I may play matchmaking a LOT more.

If they follow Bungie's lead it will be some of the most bland and basic forging maps around. Here's hoping they spice it up! :)

Two Salot maps? I doubt it. Both of these were being considered by MLG for their circuit, though. When did Simplex become symmetrical? Last time I checked on it at MLG it was asymm.

It's his job to not give preferential treatment, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise. 'MERICA
We'll see I guess. I'm sure other maps will be in there but SaLoT isn't exactly unknown in the forging world so it wouldn't surprise me that he gets 2 in. Especially since 1 is just Relay with a middle dealy

I've played on Simplex a couple times, it's a pretty solid map.
A little bland for my tastes as far as aesthetic details go, but it gets the job done when it comes to being a fun and simple arena symm.
Looking forward to playing these in the MM environment.
I haven't played Dispatch yet though, has anyone else? Looks pretty solid, but more of the same type of thing as Simplex.
But hey, the community has roared their desire for small symmetrical maps, so here they go! =)

Wow, I have been waiting for something like this in MM for a long time. I cant wait for this to expand to more like flood maps and non-competitive game modes.