News Halo at RTX - 2014

Halo-at-RTX.jpg

Halo at RTX - 2014

Wait, what? Dax is back on staff? Yes, he is I am. I remembered that I still have those signed posters that were never used in this little debacle, so I figured it couldn't hurt to stick around and host one last Halo 4 related event so that we can award them to you awesome bros. And we promise, this one will turn out better than our previous three (as in, this event will at the very least be seen through to the end :p). But anyways, enough talk about that for now - let's get to this Master Chief Collection news, shall we?

A better look at TMCC's User Interface:
While the majority of this year's discussion was focused on the H2 Anniversary, we still got a good look at how we'll be navigating through the Master Chief Collection come November. The set-up of the multiplayer playlist was finally unveiled, it looks quite promising to say the least: each of the 4 Halo games (plus H2A) have their own 4v4 playlist, and then there are separate BTB and Team Slayer playlists that will include maps from every game. Lastly, there will be a "rotational playlist" that will cycle through some of the more popular Halo gametypes.

r1.png

Another big thing on everyone's mind was how the controller layouts would be handled. To everyone's delight, we were shown that button layouts are customizable for each of the separate Halo games. And the level of customization is much deeper now - apparently, each button can be assigned individually. Check it out:

r2.png

Halo 2 Anniversary News:
Even though we've known about Ascension being remastered for H2A, we got to see a new side of it yesterday. The multiplayer team at 343i has included some "switches" throughout the map that activate an energy shield surrounding Ascension's central dish. Pretty cool, huh? Just think of the possibilities if this is available in Forge. :)

r3.png

We also got a peak at some of the new weapons, vehicles, and maps that will be included in H2 Anniversary. The Assault Rifle will be making a comeback, and a new suppressed SMG will be included as well. And how could I not show off the new Gungoose??

r4.png

One last big piece of news - we finally got to see another of the 6 maps that will be given the Anniversary treatment - Coagulation. Unfortunately there were no actual pictures of the map itself, but we do have this neat concept art to look over while we wait!

r5.png

Aaaand that about wraps it up. If you'd like, feel free to check out the Master Chief Collection discussion thread on our forums here. Oh, and how could I forget the best part of RTX Halo 2014:

myveryfirst_zps9af94955.gif

I'm interested in seeing how race will be ported into H2A. I mean, I doubt they're going to introduce disc tracks and, as far as we know, Forge won't return in full force, so there aren't many options left. 'Course, some of the classic maps could be made compatible, but if 343 seriously expects them to have lasting value as tracks, I want whatever they're smoking.

But hey, screw the details. We have Gungeese.

All I can say is AHHH YEAHHH!!! I am really looking forward to the little (and big) tweaks they added to the maps, seems like it can open a whole new world of possible Forge ideas. Hopefully I will actually finish a forge map this time around.