Halo Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
So.... Hunt the Truth series has started and the first "hidden truths" can be found in a clip of a Sniper Rifle bullet shooting Master Chief in the face.
One of said "hidden truths" is that the label "traitor" is displayed.

I'm just throwing it out there that my Halo 4 speculation of where the trilogy might be going could still be true. The addition of Agent Locke tracking MC down, the technicality that we killed the Didact in H4, and the symbol of MC being a traitor all kind of fit in nicely with my highly unlikely projection of the Halo Universe's story.

Hunt the Truth: http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/

Edit: Just realized I only posted that theory on Forgehub as HC wasn't live then, so I'll summarise.
The following stuff may contain some spoilers to the Universe though, so if you haven't read the books and you intend to, don't read the below:
  • Chief is actually 'dead'.
  • He was digitized by the digitizer and now resides in a promethean shell.
  • The advert campaign for Halo 4 showed MC being in captivity, with a promethean knight guarding him in his restraints. This never actually occurred in the Campaign.
  • The books detail the Human "Chakas" being digitized by the Forerunners to preserve his life. He is later uploaded to 343 Guilty Spark with other Human souls. In his early transition period, he hallucinates reality. He sees food, but cannot eat it, he feels hungry yet he is not and above all, he still sees himself as a Human (despite being in a monitor).

I believe that when 343i announced the Forerunner book Trilogy would contain important information in understanding the next three games of the Halo Trilogy, I believe they meant it. Without reading the books and understanding how the weapons (like the digitizer) work, you wouldn't be able to accurately know what is happening, as it is happening.

Now, Master Chief is captured as soon as the Didact is released, but is imprisoned on Requiem. The Librarian comes to Chief as a ghost / holograph and updates his DNA to prevent him from being killed by the Composer. I believe this is entirely possible. Forerunners held the technology to manipulate DNA, and the Composer / Digitiser targets the species at DNA level, which is how it determines it's targets.
Once digitized, the souls or personalities of the being is captured in digital form, ready to be uploaded into a promethean soldier.
The part about this that I believe to be contradictory is how does MC just walk out of containment? He is a guarded prisoner that all of a sudden becomes unguarded, and set free... Cortana actually says as you walk the corridors (again, unguarded) "I don't like this. It feels like a trap."
And then you meet a hologram of a deceased Forerunner, where her life-force lives on as a part of the Domain. This hologram then proceeds to update your DNA... and you then chase down the composer etc... etc...

So, my theory overall;
You didn't actually save Earth. You actually destroyed a part of Earth until you were stopped.
The reason Master Chief is a Traitor is because he started killing civilians on Earth while under his hallucination that he was saving the Earth.
The reason MC is being hunted by Agent Locke is to make him pay for his crimes against humanity.
The Halo 5 Trailer also appears to confirm this as Chief staggers around a desert and comes across a Forerunner monstrosity. Yet he is completely unphased by it. He doesn't draw his weapon, or act shocked like any other time he's come across some challenging foe that decided to ambush him (See Halo CE, 2 and 3).

In a nutshell, the forerunner veil was pulled over your own eyes, and now you play as Locke to hunt the man you once called Hero.

Last edited:

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
So, doubles is going to be a thing this weekend.

I'm excite.
Doubles should be cool, though a few of the maps may be much too segmented to play well with the smaller player count. Regret, Plaza, and The Rig are all bound to play pretty slow. Unfortunately there aren't any great game modes for doubles currently either. Modes like ball and hill would focus the action and make the more segmented maps play faster, but it will likely be mostly Slayer. Still, it will be fun to try out.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Damn. Stayed up till 3 AM for nothing.

Just kidding, I wasn't able to make it. But thanks for the download link!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
All REQs from Infinity's Armory have been revealed. Most notable is the Halo 2 BR (I got to use this one in an early version). The Achiles armor set and helmet will also require our Spartan Company to hit rank 3 and 5 respectively in all kill commendations. We may need to organize an HC vs the World event to help make that happen.

Full details can be found here.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Asking for a new forge canvas less than a month after it was released...
Is there something wrong with the existing ones like?
Was someone asking for a new one somewhere...?
What does 343 mean by all kill comendations specifically?
On Waypoint, navigated to "Spartan Company" in the little drop down box under your gamertag. From there, navigate to "Commendations" and then to "Kill" specifically. These are worked towards by the entire company, so SOLIDSNAKEee has surely made a lot of progress for the rest of us by playing Warzone twenty hours a day for the last few weeks. It looks like we're close to rank three on most of them, but attaining rank 5 will take some doing.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
On Waypoint, navigated to "Spartan Company" in the little drop down box under your gamertag. From there, navigate to "Commendations" and then to "Kill" specifically. These are worked towards by the entire company, so SOLIDSNAKEee has surely made a lot of progress for the rest of us by playing Warzone twenty hours a day for the last few weeks. It looks like we're close to rank three on most of them, but attaining rank 5 will take some doing.

Well someone has to do the work. It's a dirty job but it needs to be done. Jokes aside, alot of the Commendations that we're required to get do require a fully active company. A good example would be "No Hard Feelings" which requires you to kill enemy Spartans... alot of them, currently we're about to hit 52,000/100,000.

It's probably also worth mentioning that I'll be cleaning out the Spartan Company soon for players that are just not active so for anyone that would like to join you can request an invite at our primary Spartan Company, Halocustoms or our secondary Spartan Company HaloCustoms Alpha Unit.

It may seem like a silly idea to join up but you'll get benefits from joining a Spartan Company, namely free commendations and eventually the Achilles armour set.

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
Was someone asking for a new one somewhere...?

looks like I need to join the HC company since my company is only at rank 1 for everything and has probably only 4 or 5 active members out of 42