Map Preview H2A-Strain (WIP)

zombievillan

Novice
Aug 24, 2014
So, I'm messing around on Halo 4 to get a solid map to rebuild when I get my XboxOne & MCC next week.
Its a standard symmetric 2 base map because I am wanting to get into the competitive scene and I am giving another shot at finally getting a map into MM and hopefully I can get somewhere with this one. I am taking the scaling into consideration and I have already made some major layout changes from the 1st version I was making for Halo 4.
Anyway, heres some pics.

Blue Side

Gold from Blue

Back side of Gold

Gold from top mid

Top mid from Green

Green Overview

Green

Now I realize this isn't my sexiest or most diverse layout ever, but Im just going for something that will play good competitive games and I'm thinking it will look smoother given the items I will have in MCC.
Please give me all the feedback you can as I have been out of the loop for a long time and I am striving to bring something good to the Halo community and hopefully MM.

Last edited:

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Flipped bridges have a ridge on them now that isn't smooth, so using upside-down bridge pieces as flooring can be annoying.
There also aren't any flat rocks that sit flush with the exception of the one side of the Arch, so the cliff walls you have surrounding this is going to be a bit trickier to Forge, and likely cost a lot more objects.

Layout looks solid, but it appears to be a tad on the small side for 5v5 (since that's what matchmaking is for H2A in MCC, painful.. I know). It looks interesting though, so give me a shout whenever you want a tester and I'll join in.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Looks pretty cool, Zombie. I just hope you don't end up with performance issues in H2A.

By the way, the H2A playlist in matchmaking is switching to the originally intended 4v4 soon and has Warlock in it. Nothing is too small when Warlock is already in a playlist. With that said, there has been no talk of integrating forge maps into matchmaking yet.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Looks pretty cool, Zombie. I just hope you don't end up with performance issues in H2A.

By the way, the H2A playlist in matchmaking is switching to the originally intended 4v4 soon and has Warlock in it. Nothing is too small when Warlock is already in a playlist. With that said, there has been no talk of integrating forge maps into matchmaking yet.
Cool beans. Didn't know that, but that was a map I was kind of hinting at that most definitely shouldn't have a 5v5 on lol

zombievillan

Novice
Aug 24, 2014
Thanks a lot guys.

Stevo yeah I'm fine with changing the rocks if needed & I only have one spot where I am using the bridge upside down but with the new block pieces I'm sure I can swap that out fine. Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely hit you up for tests. Just waiting for Christmas to get the game, lol.

Psychoduck i sure hope they do decide to integrate some forge maps. That's the final accomplishment I'm striving for in my forging career. I was so close once but not quite.

I won't know about the performance issue until I get it forged. I'll just go with the flow. Since I've already got the layout I plan to power forge it in a night so I can start swapping out pieces that won't work. Will keep the updates coming.

Thanks for the feedback on a map with Halo 4 pics, lol. I thought people might see them & move on.

Last edited:

zombievillan

Novice
Aug 24, 2014
So I have this built, and then rebuilt on H2A. Started on Awash for the water but moved to Skyward due to lighting.

I was trying to get this into HCS but I made a horrible noob mistake that hurt me for now but maybe in the future I'll have a chance. I have it posted on FH but due to the spawning not being as good as it should be I will wait to post it here as complete. Here are some pics:

Power Weapons: Rocket 1 spare clip 180 static spawn, Sniper 1 spare clip 120 static spawn, Camo 90 static spawn

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Looking good! I really like the placement of the rockets in that little grenade trap. Looks like there's plenty of subtle height variation and vertical overlap as well as interesting angles for sightlines here. Flag should be a lot of fun. I imagine we'll be running some customs this week, feel free to join and test this with us!