Map Preview Gorge

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Thanks!
About the map: Looks great, but it will crash as soon as the game starts. You used too many large colliseums, 01 trees and cliffs. I don't think you can play this with eight people. :rolleyes: It's just a guess, though. :)

Dole Sewman

Novice
Jan 20, 2015
Aesthetically, the map looks great. However, there are a lot of sections of the map that are just open space. You should add some cover and alternate paths/ways of moving around (example: use a crate as a way of jumping up to a different pathway).

Overall, the map looks awesome, though. Great work.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I couldn't tell too much about the overall layout, though it seems very sporadic and a lot of the areas seem rather flat and open, including the hallway you walk through later on.

Aesthetically, the map is a mixture of cool ideas and bland areas. The cliffs with the brush coming out of them look very cool, and the drippy cave ceiling was a really cool idea that I may have to use sometime. Unfortunately, those trees have broken lighting in Halo 2 Anniversary, and playing out of forge won't fix it. The hallways were rather bland looking, mostly just big tubes with the same blocks for walls, floors, and ceilings. Try to find some different colors and textures for the floors/ ceilings/ walls to add some contrast.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
I couldn't tell too much about the overall layout, though it seems very sporadic and a lot of the areas seem rather flat and open, including the hallway you walk through later on.

Aesthetically, the map is a mixture of cool ideas and bland areas. The cliffs with the brush coming out of them look very cool, and the drippy cave ceiling was a really cool idea that I may have to use sometime. Unfortunately, those trees have broken lighting in Halo 2 Anniversary, and playing out of forge won't fix it. The hallways were rather bland looking, mostly just big tubes with the same blocks for walls, floors, and ceilings. Try to find some different colors and textures for the floors/ ceilings/ walls to add some contrast.

^this.

The tunnel itself is a bad idea... having a tunnel take you directly from one base to another base in any map is just a bad idea. Imagine playing flag on that map, and have one team in a Warthog... if they grab the flag and travel down that route they guaranteed scored, unless you have someone walking down that tunnel with a rocket launcher, you might prevent them from scoring.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
So, ditch the tunnel, lose some trees and maybe it works for a 1v1 or 2v2?
It's extremely large... On first look I'd have thought it'd be an 8v8 map, not a 1v1 or 2v2.

Take a look at your existing layout and make some strategic decisions. If you remove the Tunnel area, is Red Base too enclosed? How many routes in to Blue Base is there? Are any other routes too enclosed and need an extra path adding to them?

It's all about connecting them. If you run down a route in your map, how long are you running for before you can amend your route and take a new path? 2 seconds? 4 seconds? 10 seconds?
The faster the player has the choice to abandon their initial decision and take a new alternative path makes your map better.