Community ForgeHub 1v1 Contest

front-page-content-spotlight.png
Greetings, HaloCustomers! Have you been itching to create a cool forge map and get some recognition for it? If so, you have an excellent opportunity available to you! Our friends over at ForgeHub are hosting a 1v1 Forge Map Contest for maps created in Halo 2: Anniversary. You'll want to head over to the main article on ForgeHub to get all of the details, but some of the highlights have been captured below for your convenience.

Guidelines:
  • Maps must be forged on one of Halo 2: Anniversary's skybox canvases
  • Maps must be original designs, not remakes, reimaginations, etc.
  • Maps must be designed for 1v1 Slayer games with BR starts, 110% movement speed, no radar
  • Co-forging is allowed, but one primary author must be selected to receive prizes
  • Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to receive prizes
Criteria
  • Gametype support
  • Fun factor
  • Performance
Prizes
  1. $500
  2. Astro A50 Wireless Headset (Halo Edition)
  3. Gunnar Glasses ($100 gift card)
And if the glory and the prizes aren't enough to entice you, the winning maps will also be played in a tournament. Good luck!

Are 1v1 maps not your thing? Let us know below what sort of forge-related contests you'd be interested in seeing on HaloCustoms below!

Greetings, HaloCustomers! Have you been itching to create a cool forge map and get some recognition for it? If so, you have an excellent opportunity available to you! Our friends over at ForgeHub are hosting a 1v1 Forge Map Contest for maps created in Halo 2: Anniversary. You'll want to head over to the main article on ForgeHub to get all of the details, but some of the highlights have been captured below for your convenience.

Guidelines:
  • Maps must be forged on one of Halo 2: Anniversary's skybox canvases
  • Maps must be original designs, not remakes, reimaginations, etc.
  • Maps must be designed for 1v1 Slayer games with BR starts, 110% movement speed, no radar
  • Co-forging is allowed, but one primary author must be selected to receive prizes
  • Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to receive prizes
Criteria
  • Gametype support
  • Fun factor
  • Performance
Prizes
  1. $500
  2. Astro A50 Wireless Headset (Halo Edition)
  3. Gunnar Glasses ($100 gift card)
And if the glory and the prizes aren't enough to entice you, the winning maps will also be played in a tournament. Good luck!

Are 1v1 maps not your thing? Let us know below what sort of forge-related contests you'd be interested in seeing on HaloCustoms below!
you are on!!! When is the due date!?

Thanks for the support HaloCustoms! Forgehub will be accepting map submissions through March 5th. The "1v1 Smackdown Tournament" will follow shortly after using the winning maps. May the forge be with you all...

Having trouble deciding how often your weapons and power-ups should spawn on a 1v1 map? Here are some suggested weapon spawn times for you to start:

1v1 Weapon Timers

The best spawn time for your map may vary from the one listed here, so experiment!

Last edited:
Ugh. Just as I was ready to throw in the forge towel, this contest had to happen. Whelp, count me in I s'pose.

hahahaha ForgeHub.

Offering actual money because everyone left when it died. I bet it's limited to US residents too.

hahahaha ForgeHub.

Offering actual money because everyone left when it died. I bet it's limited to US residents too.
ForgeHub's staff team during Reach may have destroyed the site due to close-mindedness and bigotry, but you shouldn't judge today's ForgeHub by their mistakes. The site is in good hands today, and these impressive prizes are a product of generosity and commitment, not a scheme to drag members back to the site.

I've been looking for an excuse to finally follow through on a forge map, and this might be the ticket. I figure it's best to start small, and it doesn't get much smaller than 1 v 1. I'm sure the small space brings its own challenges, but at least it makes organizing playtests easier.

I assume submitting into a contest is probably a good way to get feedback, too.