FORGE ISLAND!

hc-coolstuff.jpg
CONFIRMED NEWS FROM PAX EAST TODAY OF A BRAND NEW, FREE FORGE MAP COMING APRIL 11th!!
FORGE ISLAND

Saw this not an hour ago on Halo4Nation.com, if you guys haven't checked out the site you should. It's great for info. and the crowd is pretty nice.

Reactions: NinetysBorn
*The moment I realize, if this really is like forge world, the only way to get over the water is by banshee :(*
We were told by 343i we could travel from island to island using any vehicle. I could only conclude there are sand bars between them, which would also imply that we can travel in shallow water. But he did not confirm this for us.

Honestly, and this is the last I will say of it, we seen those pics and your video seemed to have more content for your other vids than the topic here...

just saying...
yeah ik it was referring to other sources for people to get more information.

From a distance those islands look like lobotomized mushrooms! They really don't look right at all. Think pillar on Forge World, only three of them, not so tall. No beach to the water...

Honestly if it wasn't fresh manna to forge on, I would be disappointed right now.

Reactions: AM3R1CAN MUSCLE
Well... I have to admit, while I'm still happy about this I'm a little disappointed. A little bit of totally flat is fine, but some hills and variation is a good thing, as it lets maps use them differently and to crate very unique terrain. Also, why are they so far apart, if they were closer there would be a chance of connecting them with a normal map, but even a large BTB map looks like it would fit between them.

And while I doubt it was intentional, the fact that they keep breaking into laughter while talking about the creativity of the Halo community was a tad insulting.​
Ah well, with everything 343i does right comes a caveat.​
To all the fanboys who raged for a totally flat space, they listened, and here's what we get. I'm not saying it's horrible, but 3 completely flat islands is honestly a waste. Why not have 1 flat and the others more varied? The logic this company employs... I just don't know some days.​

Could 343i have given us islands in any worse form or shape?

This is not an island. It is a lobotomized mushroom rock. It looks so strange that I don't like looking at it. I just don't get 343i...

And yes it is flat, but not green like the Quarry. There was a reason why some of us asked for green grass - to add color to the flooring that we couldn't find in any block that we might use for walls. What did we get? scratched out dirt grass fields.

I like it, but I hate it at the same time... Just don't know what to make of it yet..

Why 343i? Why? Why couldn't you just give us an island like Paradiso with a large flat area just above sea level? what was so freaking hard about that???

Reactions: AM3R1CAN MUSCLE