Forge Ideas - Foreruner Theme

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I'm pretty new to forging, but I've had this idea of a Forerunner-themed competitive map for gametypes like infinity slayer and SWAT. I already plan to use forged light bridges, but I need some help with aesthetics and ideas.
If anyone wants to help me out with aesthetic ideas, good Forerunner-themed forge maps, and competitive map forging, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

TravisTheShadow

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
I don't have a way to get pics or videos of the stuff I make, but I can get to work on figuring some stuff out for you and sometime when you're online I can show you

Go to The Halo Forge Epidemic on youtube. In an older reach video they did they addressed forunner theme. Since almost everything in reach is in halo 4 you could just replicate it in halo 4. I suggest blue lights. Rounded areas and use unnusual shapes like hexagons and trapazoids.

THFL

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Youtube
www.youtube.com
I recommend inclines and tall and pointy objects, but if your planning to make this in halo 4 then you might as well stop because its all unsc themed and nothing will really look good in my opinion.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I do plan to make it in Halo 4, actually. Already have a design for a competitive map that will play up to 7 gametypes, and still be pretty Forerunner themed.

daskoon

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Structs to make angled pieces maybe? Like the parts that shoot blue stuff. And I guess id start on ravine and use the one grey side. That big three sided angled piece looks kinda forerunnery too.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the ides. Decided to start out with an Aesthetic UNSC Asteroid base on Impact to get used to Forging in Halo 4, and it's coming out pretty good. I'll be uploading that this week, then I'll finish my Forerunner competitive map. A little disappointed that I can't make as many light bridges as I'd like to, but forging in Halo 4 isn't actually as difficult as it's made out to be, you just have to have patience and work a little more deliberately than in Reach.

Reactions: TrickierHades
Jan 10, 2013
Igloo, Icy Field
I'd say for a Forerunner theme, use a lot of floating objects and inclines. Also, use the colour orange with promethean weapons only. Sheild doors merged with walls work good too. As somebody else said, sharp pointy object work great too.

I'd say for a Forerunner theme, use a lot of floating objects and inclines. Also, use the colour orange with promethean weapons only. Sheild doors merged with walls work good too. As somebody else said, sharp pointy object work great too.
well that depends. If you want prometheans and the didact sorta feel I would say orange but most of the halo series had blue forunner objects and sorta of a different feel then the didacts.