Feedback Central

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
hc-feedbackcentral.jpg

Hey guys, I've just had an idea. I know that when I started forging and posting my maps on ForgeHub, it was difficult to really get them noticed. No one likes to see people spam links to their maps in the shoutbox, but finding experienced forgers to get feedback from can be difficult. So, I wanted to create a thread for newer forgers to request feedback. If you're unsure about a few specific aspects of your map, or the map in general, make a post here and say so. Then, others will be able to go check out your map and give feedback. I'm gonna try to refer some of my more experienced forger friends to this thread to help some of you guys out. Of course I'd give a load of feedback myself, but sadly I already am asked to look at far more maps than I have time for.

So, hopefully this thread can help some of us improve as forgers. Make sure to be respectful when receiving feedback. Read this thread for details on how best to give and receive feedback. Of course if you're not super experienced yourself, you're still welcome to give feedback Hopefully this will benefit as many people as possible, and allow newer forgers to create tight-knit forge groups of their own. The format of all of this is subject to change if necessary, but let's see how this goes.

Submitting a Map for Feedback:

First, post your map in the HaloCustoms Map Listing. This allows our built-in review feature to be used as intended. Even if your map isn't "finished" it can still be posted in the listing, as updated versions are easy to add. Then, make a post in this thread giving some detail on your map and your forging experience. Make sure to provide a single screenshot of the map. I have provided a template/example below.

Map Name: Skydock

Map Author(s): Psychoduck (The Psycho Duck)

Link to Map Thread: http://halocustoms.com/maps/skydock.18/

Brief Map Description: Skydock is a fairly large asymmetrical 4v4 map. It is based off of my map Cargo Port from Halo Reach, which was in turn based off of the campaign mission "Exodus". The map supports a neutral banshee in some gametypes and is best for Team Slayer, One Flag CTF, and Extraction.

Single Screenshot of Map:
skydock-1.jpg

Forge Experience: I have been forging since Halo 3 and have lots of experience with BTB maps, but am looking to improve my forging in terms of 4v4 maps.

Concerns: Skydock supports several long sightlines and deathpits, and is very vertically-oriented. I want to ensure that none of these cause issues with players traversing the map. I am also unsure how the map's framerate will hold up in Dominion.

Giving Feedback:

Give feedback in the form of a review on a map's thread in the map listing. Feedback should be at the very least a solid paragraph in length. Again, refer to the thread linked above for suggestions on properly giving feedback. Make sure to go into as much detail as possible, explain your experience on the map. Don't say something is broken without reasoning to back up your claim, and suggestions for how to fix the issue. Also, be sure to state your forging experience when giving feedback. Most importantly, be respectful when giving feedback. This is meant to be constructive, not hurtful. An example is posted below.

feedbackcentral-example.jpg

I hope that this can become a powerful tool to help people improve as forgers. Feel free to contact me via private message or visitor message if you have suggestions how this could be improved. Please use this thread only to submit maps, not for discussion. The staff will be ensuring that feedback given is constructive. If necessary, I will start a corresponding discussion thread where forgers can discuss this service get the most out of it. Remember, every forger has to start somewhere, let this thread be the place for new forgers to become experienced ones.

Map: The Dirty Extraction Puzzle Map

Map Author: Dirt Zombi

Link to Map Thread: http://halocustoms.com/maps/the-dirty-extraction-puzzle.395/

Brief Description: A one player puzzle map that requires thinking in order to complete.

Single Screenshot of Map:
ugcuserfileb9f777780e81.jpg

Forge Experience: I've been a casual forger since Halo3 and have always loved Puzzle Maps, but this is my first go at it. It's kind of hard to look at your own map and say, this is great! Haven't had a whole lot of people Beta Test it, or critique it.

Concerns: I need to make sure that people can't get around the puzzles, that people can figure it out. That it's fluid and appealing.

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
Map Name: Skirmish

Map Author: General Sarbina

Link to map: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/65c64c0e-3600-4392-b59f-021a8021ef2e

single screenshot of map:
Skirmish front.png

Forge Experience: I always loved to play Halo: Reach even though I did not have Xbox LIVE at the time. so to fill it in i did a lot of forging. I would say my maps were decent but i got a hang of the controls and got around. but i still need some help

Concerns: my major concern is that the map isn't balanced enough

ReclaimerX22

Master
May 28, 2013
Map Name: Bastion

Map Author: ReclaimerX22

Link to map: http://halocustoms.com/maps/bastion.403/
Single screenshot of the map:
download-2.jpg

Forge Experience: I did recreational forging in Reach but never had anyone to test my maps, so I made maps but never got to play them.

Concerns: Balance, with both the structures and the weapon placements.