Core Excalibur

Toastman

Novice
Dec 22, 2015
Excalibur (version 2016-01-20) - Whomever is worthy to wield this weapon will be unstoppable. They will be King. 4 - 8 Players

The theme of this map is based around a planetary laser cannon (think a tiny version of Star Wars' Starkiller Base) embedded into the side of an icy mountain range.

The entirety of the playable map space takes place on the upper exterior of the superstructure. The bulk of the weapon including the firing system is deep underground. The nearby wind farm powers a majority of Excaliburs’ systems.

You can expect Vent systems, power relays and conduit...

Read more about this map...

Toastman

Novice
Dec 22, 2015
Toastman updated Excalibur with a new update entry:

Out of Beta

NEW file to bookmark! Be sure to grab the Excalibur on my fielshare that has NO BETA SUFFIX! K, cool.

I haven't posted any map updates over here yet so there have been some other changes on top of this outline. Weapon adjustments and aethsetics/optimization, etc.

REMOVED Breakout. It was taking up over 30 objects and isn't the primary mode of play. I also am having issues with spawning objects in round-based matches so i removed it....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Toastman

Novice
Dec 22, 2015
Toastman updated Excalibur with a new update entry:

v3- 1600 Objects Edition

Since January, this map has been through many iterations. Once Tom and the Forge team gave us the expanded budget, I decided that this was what I needed to really make this map shine.

Version 3 should be the last major version release, barring any epic game changers from 343.

More details everywhere! More polish on the trap scripting! More traps to activate! More polish! More game modes! More! More! More!

New video has been linked into he map profile. Check it out!

Enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nov 13, 2013
Love the aesthetics on this map! The way youve made some of the stuff on here is great like the turbines which i think are incredible well made! And the room with the jets etc! Incredibly clever and well thought out, may have to use a couple of design features for my own maps, given me alot of inspiration for a current map of mine!

Toastman

Novice
Dec 22, 2015
Thanks mate! Go ahead and use stuff! Forge is cool because we get ideas from each other and can use them easily since we all use the same object palette.

Reactions: SlashedTortoise