Electricity Effects in Forge

Hey guys, check out this amazing effect in Forge!
this was discovered by MarcoStyle NL, great job to him for finding something so cool!

Using a Station Core on Impact, combined with the invisible object glitch (detailed in the video) you can create an electricity effect on your forge maps! Awesome!

Hopefully by Halo 5 they spend some more time on developing forge, so we don't have to glitch these sorts of effects! I know I'm thankful for phase. I'd haaate to glitch that nowadays.

I don't quite understand the invisible object trick. Does it need to be inputted (the "center") into a pre-existing map structure that has surfaces on each side or can you do it by inputting it into forge objects as well?

it has something to do with the centerpoint of the object being phased into the original map geometry.
i'm not so certain how it works, but Marcostyle NL is the guy who created it, and he is on this forum,
so perhaps you can message him and he can better explain how it works for you.

This is the same glitch from Halo Reach where I came up with the energy bridge concept to have an invisible wall as the bridge and stuff... I spent a while looking at doing this in H4 as well and the best place to do these glitches is on Erosion in the factory if you drag the piece through the floor from outside into the factory inside. Obviously you don't get the station core, but it's a really cool trick to potentially add boundaries into your maps or in this case, add some awesome aesthetic touches where necessesary!

but it's a really cool trick to potentially add boundaries into your maps or in this case, add some awesome aesthetic touches where necessesary!
Wow, I didn't even think about it for invisible boundaries. Hard boundaries while still retaining a great backdrop. Cool.

Wow, I didn't even think about it for invisible boundaries. Hard boundaries while still retaining a great backdrop. Cool.

Believe it or not, in Reach, that was my original intention until someone said "Woah, couldn't you use that for an invisible bridge?" which is when I came up with the idea of using shield doors over the top of it to create an "Energy bridge"...

I can't remember who it was who I was in forge with when it happened, but it wasn't somebody 'known' but more so a person who'd stumbled across the glitch countless times before and didn't think anything of it.

so yeah, here is a better explenation:
an object can only be visually rendered in one place at the time,
the way the engine works for most game is that if you don't look at an item is doesnt render, the creators of game do this in order to make the game look good not too much space ect.
so when you put an object "center" (wich doesn't nececarraly have the be the visual center) though an object that u cant remove and the objects is practically into another part of the map (like the room if this case) it becomes inviseble.
this happens because the game has to make a decision on what to render and whatnot and form on top of the ceiling you cant see inside the building and vise versa. this can be done on any map.
impact: ceiling
ravine: small wall at the forrunner structure
Erosion: elevator/factore building near the rocks
i'm sure there are a lot more spots i just haven't seen them.
i hope this helps a little bit!
check out my channel for more: http://www.youtube.com/user/MarcoStyleNL

Reactions: Titmar
A good find none-the-less, Marco.
Up until now, I thought it was only possible with Wall Collesiums, Window Collesiums and larger blocks.

Definitely a good find Marco. I still remember coming across this on youtube by myself. Thought I was special, until every forger had used it already lol. Still a really awesome trick to know.