Map Preview Dust

SixteenthMatt

Master
Feb 10, 2013
With the terrain pieces available in the MCC, I decided to remake my map Dust from Halo 4. The original map had a larger amount of terrain than my other maps have had, and I thought would be a nice challenge to
recreate.

The map was designed with 5v5 and 6v6 objective games in mind such as 1 Flag, 1 Bomb, KOTH & Territories.

Below is just a fly through of the rough layout of the map. I'm still working on spawning weapon layouts and objectives. A couple mongooses may end up on the map; I'm still currently undecided on them though. Let me know what you think.

Since the video was uploaded, I have changed some of the aesthetics slightly, mostly around the cave lift and the circular roof. There are no major changes to the layout though.

I will update when the map is closer to testing.

P.S. The map is not a CS remake. I hadn't even realized there was a map by the same name. If you have any suggestions for a different name, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This looks well-forged. I like the architectural style, particularly the curvy bridges and the awning over the first base shown in the video. The terrain use also looks great, with the caves really sticking out to me as being well done. What sort of objective modes are you designing for on here?

SixteenthMatt

Master
Feb 10, 2013
This looks well-forged. I like the architectural style, particularly the curvy bridges and the awning over the first base shown in the video. The terrain use also looks great, with the caves really sticking out to me as being well done. What sort of objective modes are you designing for on here?

I'm glad you like the look of the map. For gametypes I'm focusing on 1 Flag, 1 Bomb, KOTH, and maybe Territories. I'll probably end up setting it up for most game types though.

zombievillan

Novice
Aug 24, 2014
That looks great but it seems a little big for no sprint. From what I've heard there's no sprint right? I'm guessing it's for big team? Super beautiful looking stuff here. I'm loving the new pallete just a little upset to see mostly the same exact pieces as the last 2 forges.

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
At first, when I was the title, I thought this was a CS remake. Besides that I like the forging style in general. This map seems like it'll play well with a 6v6 lobby. Maybe a '5-plot' Territories match would suit the size? ;)

SixteenthMatt

Master
Feb 10, 2013
That looks great but it seems a little big for no sprint. From what I've heard there's no sprint right? I'm guessing it's for big team?

Yea there is no sprint, so it is a little big for just 4v4 game. It should just be about the right size for 5v5 or 6v6 though.

At first, when I was the title, I thought this was a CS remake. Besides that I like the forging style in general. This map seems like it'll play well with a 6v6 lobby. Maybe a '5-plot' Territories match would suit the size? ;)

Haha, never played CS before and didn't realize there was a map by that name. When I designed the map I was keeping 5v5 objective games in mind. 5 plots would probably run pretty well on the map, I just need some time to finish up everything. It's hard finding enough time to sit down and just forge.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom

^this.

Very much agree with every point.

I'd be happy to participate in any testing for this.