Map Preview Dockyard (Will Change Name)

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
Here is my map Dockyard! It is my second map I've made on Halo 4 but the first one I am publishing. So far it is only set up for CTF but I will be adding Extraction, Slayer, KoTH, etc.
I played it tonight in my Customs Lobby and it seemed to go well.

The containers get stuck sometimes and sometimes they respawn too soon so I'll have to fix that. If anyone that played in it tonight please give me feed back!

The map is a large symmetrical map meant for 5v5, 6v6, 7v7, or 8v8. It features a semi-working moving container function that is meant to simulate a research team shipping out technology from a forerunner structure into a ship. Here are the pictures!

OVERVIEW:
tfydwfba2bbaaakabeyesqb.jpg

FROM BASE TO CENTER:
tfydwfcaobcaaakabeyesqb.jpg

ROCKET SPAWN:
tfydwvcaybdaaakabeyesqb.jpg

BOTTOM TUNNEL+ENTRANCE TO SWORD ROOM:
tfydwfdaybeaaakabeyesqb.jpg

CENTER STRUCTURE COMES TO A POINT:
tfydwfgambhaaakabeyesqb.jpg

SHIP OVERVIEW:
tfydwfhawrhaaakabeyesqb.jpg

SIDE OVERVIEW:
tfydwfeaebfaaakabeyesqb.jpg

More Pictures In Spoiler:
SIDE OF CENTER STRUCTURE:
tfydwfdagrdaaakabeyesqb.jpg

BASE OVERVIEW:
tfydwvbaurbaaakabeyesqb.jpg

SWORD ROOM:
tfydwvdamreaaakabeyesqb.jpg

SIDE OVERVIEW #2 & MOVING CONTAINERS:
tfydwveairfaaakabeyesqb.jpg

SHIP OVERVIEW AND SNIPER SPAWN:
tfydwffaubgaaakabeyesqb.jpg

BACK OF SHIP:
tfydwvfasrgaaakabeyesqb.jpg

^^Pictures in Spoiler^^

Josh

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Australia
But you may want to add some attention to detail, try to work all the pieces to make it look like the fit together and not so out of place. For example: in the picture on the bottom entitled 'Side Overview', the ramp on below the gravity lift looks out of place and doesn't fit. Not sure its the angle I'm looking at it from or not. But good map overall.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
But you may want to add some attention to detail, try to work all the pieces to make it look like the fit together and not so out of place. For example: in the picture on the bottom entitled 'Side Overview', the ramp on below the gravity lift looks out of place and doesn't fit. Not sure its the angle I'm looking at it from or not. But good map overall.

The ramp below the mancannon on the left or the gravlift on the right of the picture?

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I think I know which one you are talking about and yeah I agree it's not exactly the best fit. The only problem was that the ramp to the doorway that it connects to was raised off the ground and I needed it to connect to the ground somehow. With nearly no objects or money left a ramp was the only thing that created a smooth transition with no bumps.