Map Preview Crafty Pilot (and Squad/BTB settings)

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
After finally getting the hang of forge in H2A with Behind the Sun, I decided to re-revisit Panic Attack. With the experience I had gained, both with the game's forge and the game's mechanics, I set out to do the map justice. This version is scaled down from the original in order to suit a no-sprint game with a faster base movement speed. The map is approximately 4/5 horizontal scale with largely identical vertical scaling. This means that driving is a bit tighter, but skilled drivers will still have no difficulty navigating the map. You likely will hardly notice the difference in scale, as this version feels quite natural for the game it is built in. All of the integral sprint jumps are still possible on this version. The map will support competitive 4v4 through 6v6 games of Flag and Ricochet as you'd expect.

This map, along with Shoe's map Karen and Sqwall-E's map Glyph (and others) will be tested with our new Squad settings. These settings, developed with help from 4chub member SloppyBottom, adjust vehicle health. 'Hogs and ghosts now take two rockets or plasma grenades to kill and vehicle engagements are now much more reliant on teamwork as a result. Skill, both on the parts of those operating the vehicles and those engaging them, is now required as it should be. Now if we can just get 5v5 customs working, arena BTB will be back!

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-04-16.png

The jumps are back in full force.

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-04-35.png

Weeeee!!

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-04-56.png

Top mid rockets will be as effective and hotly contested as ever.

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-05-27.png

The areas next to the bases have seen large changes with new spawning areas and different routes into the bases.

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-05-46.png

The sweaty turrets from a later version of the original have returned and are super good.

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-06-02.png

The Picnic Attack.

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-06-20.png

There is a Brute Shot near the bottom of each base.

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-07-32.png

The dueling snipers are as important as ever for locking down the high roads.

crafty-pilot-screenshots Screen Shot 2015-05-03 10-07-58.png

The tunnels into the bases are now a bit less clunky.

crafty-pilot-overview.png

Thanks for checking it out!

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
The map definitely still feels like Panic Attack. With the differences in movement speed/ lack of sprint, you can barely tell that it's not at the same scale as the original. Now we can experience Picnic Attack without having to put up with all of the suck that Halo 4 brought to the table. Er, I mean, picnic blanket.