Competitive 4v4 Playlist Coming Soon!

hc-coolstuff_zps7d932ebb.jpg
Hey you - yea, that's right, you. Do you ever feel Halo 4 has lost that competitive aspect that once defined the series? Do you ever grow weary of the instant respawn system, or feel that personal loadouts have turned the game in a direction too similar to [insert other unnamed FPS here]? Well fret no more, my friends! The wonderful people over at 343i have been listening to all your gripes and groans this whole time! Coming mid-February is an all-new playlist aimed directly at pleasing the competitive Halo community.

Directly from the 343 Matchmaking Systems Team:
343i said:
4 vs 4
Pre-set game loadouts
Forced respawn timers
No instant respawn
Ordnance on re-supply timers
Join-in-progress off
No split-screen play
Friendly fire on
Max party size 4 with big party matching enforced
No guests allowed

This playlist will be launched around the same time as the new CSR, or competitive skill rank, which is another step in the right direction towards competitive play. It seems that 343i is really working hard to recapture that competitive aspect that has always been a significant part of the Halo series, and I personally cannot wait. What do you think, MLG?

To read more about the new playlist, read this post.
For more info on the new CSR system, check the most recent Halo Bulletin.

I'm pretty psyched for this.
It would have been nice if it could have happened a little sooner, but whatever, no big deal.
I am glad that they are listening to their community and adding more fun stuff all the time.
The winter break was tough!

Reactions: NextLotus
I want a competitive BTB playlist, BR starts, plasma pistol, plasma grenade, DMR, etc. all pick-ups and no random/player ordnance. It would be amazing.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan
I want a competitive BTB playlist, BR starts, plasma pistol, plasma grenade, DMR, etc. all pick-ups and no random/player ordnance. It would be amazing.

Totally agree with this.
I pretty much love BTB how it is, except for the dominance of the PP / Plasmas loadouts.
A more stripped down BTB would be AMAZING.
or something like the "Balance Slayer" set up that Nondual created.

Totally agree with this.
I pretty much love BTB how it is, except for the dominance of the PP / Plasmas loadouts.
A more stripped down BTB would be AMAZING.
or something like the "Balance Slayer" set up that Nondual created.
The core gameplay of Halo 4 is so smooth, the vehicles are perfect, the AAs are great. It's just that extra stuff on top of it that ruins that. if we could take that out, it would be amazing. Hell, I wouldn't even mind having personal ordnance which dropped in DMRs and extra frags. It's just that the current options available to players regarding distribution of weapons are bad.

Since I have yet to receive my game in the mail, I don't have much to add to this discussion.

Although, from what I have heard this should be the "right" direction to go with those older Halo players.

Is there any news on what gametypes will be available in this queue, or is it just straight slayer?

Sorry if that information is on the article, I haven't the time to read it yet...

So this is gonna feel more like Arena from Reach than MLG correct? There won't be alterations to player speed, jump, etc.

Is there any news on what gametypes will be available in this queue, or is it just straight slayer?

On the Waypoint thread, the MM Systems team said there would be "modified versions of Slayer, CTF, Extraction, and King of the Hill."

So this is gonna feel more like Arena from Reach than MLG correct? There won't be alterations to player speed, jump, etc.

Although the playlist is still being tweaked and there's no official word, there was no mention of player speed and jump height being changed and I imagine it's going to stay that way.

Well this is step 1 of about 1000 to fix halo and put it back to where it used to be. Lets see if they don't screw it up between now and then.

Hey you - yea, that's right, you. Do you ever feel Halo 4 has lost that competitive aspect that once defined the series? Do you ever grow weary of the instant respawn system, or feel that personal loadouts have turned the game in a direction too similar to [insert other unnamed FPS here]? Well fret no more, my friends! The wonderful people over at 343i have been listening to all your gripes and groans this whole time! Coming mid-February is an all-new playlist aimed directly at pleasing the competitive Halo community.

This playlist will be launched around the same time as the new CSR, or competitive skill rank, which is another step in the right direction towards competitive play. It seems that 343i is really working hard to recapture that competitive aspect that has always been a significant part of the Halo series, and I personally cannot wait. What do you think, MLG?

Thank you kindly for this update, sir.

Over and Out.

-FRY

I hope this has objective.

On the Waypoint thread, the MM Systems team said there would be "modified versions of Slayer, CTF, Extraction, and King of the Hill."
this in particular excited me to no end

it's about time they starting rolling this stuff out, the awkward gameplay of everything now is so stale.

If they can put in a new Action Sack (you know, Speed Halo, Splasers, Punchout, Dodgeball, etc.) I will be a much more happy gamer. I love the idea of a more competitive playlist, I am a competitive gamer, but I LOVED Action Sack stuff like that and I would totally love to play that online. Hell, even Grifball has been a blast for me, and I just started it in Halo 4!

This makes me very happy.

@FloydRTC: The most recent bulletin also states that Action Sack is on their short list of playlists to bring back, I'd personally like to see things like Smashy Chase, Jump Rope, Dodgeball, and Hotpotato show up. As long as it doesn't turn into bullshit slayer variants like it did in Reach. That's what killed it for me.

Reactions: FloydRTC95
YES!!! That's fucking SWEET!!!
Can't wait. I hope they put in things like Tremors though. 343i made the game, maybe they could find a way to disable vehicle weapons in certain gametypes? It would also make Cat & Mouse pretty awesome again.