Cool Community Content

3Ocfhgx.png

Welcome one, welcome all, join me as your friendly neighborhood potato asks the hard hitting questions such as where do potatoes come from? Are the staff, in fact, corrupt? And how do you go about submitting and getting your content highlighted here on Halocustoms? The latter of which we will be discussing today.

The Community and the Content

halo_3_screenshots_2.jpg

The Halo community is known for its passion, its uniqueness and probably most importantly, its creativity. This creativity ranges from something as simple (or not so simple) as taking a screenshot a goofy screenshot or another with an epic back drop.

Perhaps making a machinima is more your thing and you enjoy giving people a story that they'll love whether it be through amazing character development that leaves us caring for the characters in such a way that we're sad to see their journeys come to an end such as that seen in Arby and Chief and many many more or some amazing action sequences like those composed by Arbiter617.

WPVuhUz.jpg

Now that's all well and good but how do you, the smaller members of the community, get your content out there? Well that's a great question and I'm hoping that we'll be able to help with that. Over the course of the past few years I've had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people some of whom make maps, some host lobbies and others make amazing content such as one of our members Mator that you may remember from an article I posted a while back.

We want to help share that amazing content that some of you guys produce and because that content comes in a variety of different ways as well as a variety of qualities, we'll be showing you guys some of the higher quality content that's been produced by some of our members. But it's not all doom and gloom if your content doesn't get highlighted as our team of highly train, highly professional and mostly mature team of fruits, will still provide you with some of that much needed feedback that you might need to make your content a little more review friendly.

How to submit your Content

To submit your content for review all you'll need to do is to make a post on the forums either in the Halo Discussion or General Discussion sub forums. Be sure to give a brief or detailed description of what it is you're showing us as simply posting a link or writing a line or two won't cut it. Put effort into your post and it'll attract more attention but just be sure to not spam it around the forums as that can get slightly annoying. After all of that, simply contact any of staff members or myself via our profiles or via private message/conversations and we'll be sure to look into it.

If however, you happen to submitting a map then you'll need to post that in the Map Section. If you're looking to get you map highlighted then there is another set of criteria that you must also fill out. The most important of which is images and a description of your map. You'll be able to find the full list of map posting rules here.

The Team

Now I mentioned earlier that our crack "team of fruits" will be reviewing that content that you submit but who exactly is this crack team of fruits? Well that is another great question so why don't I tell you who this crack team of fruits are?

First off we have the one, the only, Sgt x Slaphead. However señor Slaphead will not be working alone as Auburn will also be giving a helping hand. You might also want to prepare for bad "Auburned" jokes.

Next on our list, we have someone thats neither a bird nor a plane, Flying Shoe ILR will be looking into the more competitive, crazy side of the map section. He'll be looking into any of the Big Team Battle maps that any of you guys submit, so keep an eye out for that.

Finally, you'll have your friendly neighborhood potato helping to review machinima's, screenshots and whatever other works of wonders that you guys may submit.

It's also worth noting that all staff members will be helping in some way or another and take note that this listing is not final.

How your content will be highlighted

Last but not least, I'll be going over some of the ways that we'll help to share your content. The first of which will be through the media stream or better known as the front page of Halocustoms. We'll be writing a brief article about everything that we'll be reviewing or highlighting to make sure that you hit the ground running.

The second of which will be through the shoutbox captions. The shoutbox in its own right has alot of crazy shenanigans as well as being the main source for all of the social interaction here on Halocustoms. Through these captions we can hope that it will also help to bring more attention to your content.

And that's it! If you've managed to read this far through this wall of text then I thank you. We're all looking forward to help share more of your content through this amazing, tight nit community. Thanks for reading everyone, until next time!

gaymasterchief-480x225.png

Reactions: Jebus
Staffz r corruptz
Anywho, this is great. Glad you guys are highlighting some creative things the community has to offer