Community Community Content Highlight - UST

front-page-cool-stuff-png.11597

With the release of the Halo: The Master Chief Collection right around the corner I think it’s important that we don't forget to highlight some of the amazing content from around the Halo community that you may not have had the chance to see before. Such curious, much excite :doge:

There’s no better way to start this off than by sharing a compilation of some well known and some lesser known stunts and tricks from one of Halo Combat Evolved’s fan favorite maps Blood Gulch. Now for those of you that are unfamiliar with Blood Gulch I've linked a few pictures below to help jog your memory. This map also asks one of life's greatest questions..."Why are we here?"

Blood Gulch from Halo: Combat Evolved
Blood_Gulch.png

Hemorrhage from Halo: Reach
map_hemorrhage2.jpg

Concept art for Coagulation in The Master Chief Collection
rtx-2014-halo-2-anniversary-coagulation-concept-art-expanse.jpg

all dem perty pictures :awesome:

Now personally I've never favored myself for being a trick guy due to the fact I can't make simple jumps but I still think it's lag. However one of Halocustoms lesser known members Mator (who's alot more talented than me) had set about making a “simple” compilation of 30 stunts and tricks. He originally started this project in 2008 but due to new stunts and tricks being discovered, this would eventually grow to an enormous 400 tricks in which he would spend 7 years not only discovering but, eventually documenting these tricks to share with the rest of the Halo community.

One of Mator's videos demonstrating how to make your very own RC vehicle.
However one man can only do so much and with the help of hundreds of contributors, Mator was finally able to complete a project that he had originally started way back in 2008. Mator eventually completed his project on August 4th 2014.

For the full details on Mator’s project then be sure to click here to check out his thread for a full break down of all of the details. For those of you who are not so keen on reading, then be sure to still show your support by checking out the youtube playlist with all 400 tricks spanning a grand total of 43 videos.

Got something amazing in the community that you'd like us to highlight? Be sure to let us know down below!

I'm not sure if it was deliberate but you forge Halo 2s coagulation on the list of pictures.

I know it's mostly opinion based so I hope no one gets too upset about me pointing this out. Isn't it sort of a waste to bring back one of the worst designs in halo history? I mean, the map is nearly unplayable unless you want to play chicken or screw around. Which I feel is the only reason why people think they like it, because of the nostalgia of playing 2-4 player chicken when we were 7 years old... Anyone else disappointed when we could've had any other big team map from halo 2 remastered?

On the other hand, it should be nice to be able to forge on it.

Has anyone noticed how the surface of the ground on the latest incarnation of the map is far more flat than the previous maps before it?

I'm not sure if it was deliberate but you forge Halo 2s coagulation on the list of pictures.
Thanks for pointing that out, fixed. ^.^

I know it's mostly opinion based so I hope no one gets too upset about me pointing this out. Isn't it sort of a waste to bring back one of the worst designs in halo history? I mean, the map is nearly unplayable unless you want to play chicken or screw around. Which I feel is the only reason why people think they like it, because of the nostalgia of playing 2-4 player chicken when we were 7 years old... Anyone else disappointed when we could've had any other big team map from halo 2 remastered?

On the other hand, it should be nice to be able to forge on it.

In regards to why we're spotlighting this, we're not highlighting the map but the effort that one of our members has put into this amazing project.

Question: why is the 1st picture of Blood Gulch being noted as being from Halo 2 when it's from Halo: CE? I could go further with this but I won't.

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed. ^.^

In regards to why we're spotlighting this, we're not highlighting the map but the effort that one of our members has put into this amazing project.

No problem. Annnnnd Yeah, I was just ranting about the halos commitment to this map. Haha. No complaints about anything in the post. :)