Coastal (Final)

Core Coastal (Final)

Grifftuitous

Novice
Nov 21, 2014
Coastal (Pre-Release) (version 2015-01-07) - 4V4, Asymmetrical Slayer/Objective Map.

Hey guys!

Griff here again bringing you a map preview of my latest work, "Coastal." Coastal is an asymmetrical 4V4 slayer and multiobjective map set within the cost and cliff line, inspired by small European ocean towns. It features very distinct building and layout design to assist players in quickly orientating themselves no matter where they are or where they spawn. As of this upload, the objective game types are still in development but the map already supports slayer.

My file share can...

Read more about this map...

Grifftuitous

Novice
Nov 21, 2014
Grifftuitous updated Coastal (Pre-Release) with a new update entry:

Coastal (Pre-Release) V 1.5

Hey guys!

Griff here again bringing you a map preview of my latest work, "Coastal." Coastal is an asymmetrical 4V4 slayer and multiobjective map set within the cost and cliff line, inspired by small European ocean towns. It features very distinct building and layout design to assist players in quickly orientating themselves no matter where they are or where they spawn. As of this upload, the objective game types are still in development but the map already supports slayer.

Please let me know...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I've always been interested in smaller, tight urban maps with lots of verticality since some of Halo 3's forge maps. They make for an interesting theme, and usually provide an interesting mix of longer and shorter sightlines with lots of vertical movement options. It looks like this map pulls that off rather nicely. The theme also reminds me of REMKings's Morgan Bay which is by no means a bad thing. I'm going to download this soon and check it out!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Well, I finally got the opportunity to play this map in a 4v4 lobby this afternoon. Unfortunately, the map did not load properly, supposedly due to object count. I'm not sure what the current object count is on the map, but generally it's not safe to go over the 550 object mark in H2A's forge (stupid, I know). So, I hope that you can cut down on objects a bit, as I am interested in actually getting to play it sometime. The map feels unique and is a breath of fresh air, so seeing it fail due to object count would be a real shame. Good luck with fixing that, and don't forget to consider making the rockets less gimmicky to attain.

Grifftuitous

Novice
Nov 21, 2014
Well, I finally got the opportunity to play this map in a 4v4 lobby this afternoon. Unfortunately, the map did not load properly, supposedly due to object count. I'm not sure what the current object count is on the map, but generally it's not safe to go over the 550 object mark in H2A's forge (stupid, I know). So, I hope that you can cut down on objects a bit, as I am interested in actually getting to play it sometime. The map feels unique and is a breath of fresh air, so seeing it fail due to object count would be a real shame. Good luck with fixing that, and don't forget to consider making the rockets less gimmicky to attain.

Thanks man. I'll try and take a look at it this week and update you as soon as I can get it fixed up. I appreciate the feedback and can't wait to get this map where it needs to be.

Grifftuitous

Novice
Nov 21, 2014

I took some time last night and got this map to (I hope) a more manageable state. I fixed the Rockets and lowered the object count. Please feel free to redownload from my fileshare and let me know what you think. Thanks man!