Core Clockwork

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
Clockwork (version 2015-05-06) - Slayer, KOTH, Oddball, 4-8 Players

Clockwork
Players: 4-8 (Best suited for 2v2)
Supported Gametypes: Slayer, KOTH, Oddball
Weapons: Sniper Rifle 120s no clip, Brute Shot 120s 2 clips, Suppressed SMG 90s 1 clip, Plasma Pistol 90s, Battle Rifle x3, Covenant Carbine x2, Assault Rifle
Powerups: Overshield 90s, Speed Boost 90s

I took a short break from forging, but I'm back and this is what I have been working on. I think the map is best suited for 2v2 and offers some pretty varied power positions. I am still fine tuning the map, so...

Read more about this map...

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2015
I think, going by pictures, the map looks far to open for the verticality on it. You need more segmentation I think. Anyone without high ground is as good as dead most likely.

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
I think, going by pictures, the map looks far to open for the verticality on it. You need more segmentation I think. Anyone without high ground is as good as dead most likely.
The lower routes offer plenty of cover. The risky areas are mostly uptop. I'm not sure how the map would be considered open at all. It isn't room based. It is arena style. Play a match on it and get back to me please.

Jan 7, 2015
See, arena doesn't mean not room based. It means a smaller map for 2-10 players. Your map is open as there are long bridges and walkways with absolutely no cover. This is open. It makes it easy to see the entire map, and causes huge sight lines. And cause there is no cover to break up the sight lines, it makes it even easier for higher levels to shoot down on lower levels unhindered.

There isn't even railings on the walkways, which makes escaping far to easy. Railings are good for creating hang time as players have to jump over them, meaning it is a easy drop down to escape.

Chronmeister

Expert
May 28, 2013
See, arena doesn't mean not room based. It means a smaller map for 2-10 players. Your map is open as there are long bridges and walkways with absolutely no cover. This is open. It makes it easy to see the entire map, and causes huge sight lines. And cause there is no cover to break up the sight lines, it makes it even easier for higher levels to shoot down on lower levels unhindered.

There isn't even railings on the walkways, which makes escaping far to easy. Railings are good for creating hang time as players have to jump over them, meaning it is a easy drop down to escape.

You must be joking. :) It's nice to see you have such a detailed description of how the map will play without actually playing on it. The power positions are spread out throughout the map and counter each other. Railings are pointless unless they are keeping you alive. The map also offers plenty of structural cover. You clearly need more forging experience before talking down to someone who has been doing this longer than you. Don't keep leaving negative feedback on this thread unless you are willing to play the map first. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt x Slaphead