Charles Stoot's Halo 4 Forge Portfolio.

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
This is not POSL's history that can be found here <---
To go back to Charles Stoot's Halo 3 and Halo Reach Forge Portfolio go here <---

Halo 4
Mini Game (Oddball Team based Red Vs Blue or Multi team) Co-Forged by Kasak Design and RiderlessCub
Map: Flying Monkey Bah Hals Game Type: Jet Ball
Description: Jet pack around with Rail guns and try to hold the balls the longest
More Description here <---
jetball4copy.jpg

Mini Game (KOTH Team based Red Vs Blue)
Map: DRIVE! (KOTH) Game Type: DRIVE! (KOTH)
Description: Touched up of Iflod101's DRIVE! try and dodge in-sine shots and get to the end.
Reason for not Publishing: It was another persons map I just added to the map.
DriveKOTH.jpg

Mini Game (Slayer FFA) Co-Forged by AnOrphanedPenguin and RecklessRi1ey
Map: Blaze Cave Game Type: Blaze Cave
Description: Can only be killed by kill balls and can't move.
q2vm.jpg

Mini Game (KOTH Team based Red Vs blue Remake from Halo Reach) Co-Forged by IR3CON ST34LTH
Map: Troy Game Type: Troy
Description: Two bunkers shoot opposing team that is out of focus with concussion rifles to win the hill.
troy1.jpg

Mini Game (KOTH FFA) Co-Forged by IR3CON ST34LTH
Map: Dunk Tank (Beam) Game Type: Dunk Tank (Beam)
Description: Circle can't shoot till hill appears and only if you are in the air. Shoot the wall behind opponents to send them into the water.
dunktank24.jpg

Mini Game (KOTH FFA) Co-Forged by IR3CON ST34LTH
Map: Dunk Tank (Detonator) Game Type: Dunk Tank (Detonator)
Description: Circle can't shoot till hill appears. Shoot the wall behind opponents to send them into the water.
dunktank12.jpg

Mini Game (Infection) Co-Forged by IR3CON ST34LTH
Map: Red Light Green Light Game Type: Red Light Green Light
Description: Stand can move, crouch can't move. Try to kill human at end of map.
Problems I ran into: Floor traits over ride trait zones so flood traits have to be set to unchanged in order for the trait zone to work for the flood. Also trait zones will not work on just crouching on certain peices due to there un-levelness.
redlightgreenlight1.jpg

Mini Game (Slayer FFA) Co-Forged by IR3CON ST34LTH
Map: Moon Walk Game Type: Moon Walk
Description: Slow motion hammers. Stay in middle cause kill ball is whipping around edge of map.
moonwalk2.jpg

Map (Oddball/Clue) Co-Forged by IR3CON ST34LTH
Map: Naboo Clue
Description: Star wars themed clue map.
nabooclue1.jpg

Mini Game (KOTH Team base Red Vs Blue) Co-Forged by IR3CON ST34LTH
Map: Green Lantern Game Type: Green Lantern
Description: Re-gen shields pushing vehicles of map.
Goal achieved: To showcase the re-gen's secret ability as best as I could.
Problems I ran into: The hogs would go way to fast for any one to stop them so I put a gravity volume to slow them down to the same speed as the gooses if not slower. Also the teleporter heading back to spawn wouldn't let me do mongooses to transport you back so I just made it a box instead.
greenlantern7.jpg

Mini Game (Slayer Team Based Red Vs Blue)
Map: Wampa Fight Game Type: Wampa Fight
Description: Chuck snow balls/frags at enemies while floating in mid air.
Problems I ran into: People would some how get across center of map teleportor is in middle in version 1.1.
wampafight7.jpg

Mini Game (KOTH Team Based Red Vs Blue)
Map: Groundskeepers Game Type: Groundskeepers
Description: One above on each team trying to keep enemies out of hill. If enemies stayed out of hill they would float to the top and die giving you the victory of the hill.
Goal achieved: Made a working Haven in halo 4.
Problems I ran into: These problems are still on the map and I couldn't fix them. Two people spawn at initial spawn, you some times don't bounce when coming out of the teleporters being you will not float, and last you can get killed by the ordnance randomly at the beginning.
jf4v.jpg

Mini Game (KOTH FFA) Swash fixed the grid. :p
Map: Orbital Launch Game Type: Orbital Launch
Description: Arena Tournament where you have to fight to the center. 1 pulse, and scatter shot. If you fail to jump you will be launched sky high.
Goal achieved: Made you launch from bottom of map to top in 3 sec with a tactical mini game behind it.
Problems I ran into: Dead bodies would not allow the platforms to spawn so I put gravity volumes at a height that it pushes the bodies off but doesn't effect people jumping to the next plat form. The grid would cause way to much lag to even play 4 people on it so I asked a friend to get the grid to work the way I wanted it to "Swash".
vi3e.jpg

Game Type (KOTH Team based Red Vs Blue)
Game Type: The last king
Description: Keep control of the hill with shields while being shot at with fuel rod cannons.
qtjy.jpg

Mini Game (Ricochet Teams of two)
Map: Last Step Game Type: Last Step
Description: Incinerators that have one shot and de-spawn after certain amount of time has lapped and re-spawns to allow you to shoot again. You cant cause any damage but try to be the last team standing.
Reason for not Publishing: Couldn't get an accurate scoring system.
LastStep.jpg

Mini Game (Ricochet Team based Red Vs Blue) Co-forged by The 0micron
Map: Chase Game Type: Chase
Description: Cops and Robbers with a working Jail System.
Goal achieved: Made Cops and Robbers with a working Jail System.
Problems I ran into: The mechanic problems I will not get into other than what puzzled me the most was for some odd reason the game would end due to the count of mongooses. I soon realized I could not do drop spawning cause they were scoring each time they re-spawned in the goal. The second major thing was teleportor camping, well oddly enough much like spawn points, teleportors are affected by re-spawn zones and anti re-spawn zones. By placing a anti re-spawn zone set to the team that came out of the teleporters they would not get spawn camped, so long as there was an enemy in the same re-spawn zone they would not come out of any teleporters in that zone unless all zones had enemies in them.
sdza.jpg

Mini Game (Ricochet Team FFA oriented Red Vs Blue)
Map: Floor Runner (Sword) Game Type: Floor Runner (Sword)
Description: Swords, evade, and the opposing team try's to delete the floors bellow as you bring artifacts back to base.
Goal achieved: Made a mini game for the requirements of Action Sac. (No trait zone, FFA oriented Team based Mini game, no gravity volumes, and no explanation necessary)
Problems I ran into: To hard to score, solution evade.
ugcuserfile-9d455c75-f1ef-4310-acb3-4ace28789c6f-b77ca257b5746df0-full-1.jpg

Mini Game (Ricochet Team oriented Red Vs Blue)
Map: Floor Runner (Ball) Game Type: Floor Runner (Ball)
Description: Pistols, oddball style 1 point for throw in's and 2 points for walk in's. Enemies delete floors bellow you to stop you from scoring.
Goal achieved: No trait zone team oriented mini game.
Problems I ran into: To slow of a Ball Carrier.
ugcuserfile-50c7730e-43a2-4dbf-bdac-718b2e91f1f6-392e032a03a98d23-full-1.jpg

Coming Soon
Mini Game (Dominion Team based Red Vs Blue) Re-mastered from iflod101's DRIVE! map. Co-forged by Unknown Emerald
Map: Red Baron Game Type: Red Baron
Description: A mini game where you switch from strictly offensive to strictly defensive all in one round. Incinerators and Mongooses. O and did I mention that the whole map changes color according to who is in control. :p
Problems I ran into: Turrets would not be fully invincible. Spawning was a huge hassle, I like to thank AbleSir Tomas and Psychoduck for huge contribution with helping me fix my problems with this map.
More Description coming soon <---
ugcuserfile-75bb262d-34f0-43a9-bc8e-25b86e8d340a-ccaefbd166e04f31-full.jpg

Conclusion

After all those maps I feel that I'm starting to understand forge. After Tundra's mistakes and Groundskeepers breaks, I learned the most about game-types from Happy Ninjas. I've learned so much over the past 6 years I've been forging and 21 maps/ game types. The map that got my name out their was Blaze Cave on The Blitz Broz. My most balance map would be either Floor Runner (Ball) or Green Lantern. Lastly the most complex mini game by far would be Chase. The Future awaits new maps that are just as creative as they are fun and that is something to look forward to. I thank all those who have supported me this far and look forward to the future of Stoot's maps. :D

To go back to Charles Stoot's Halo 3 and Halo Reach Forge Portfolio go here <---

Last edited:

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Excellent stuff, Stoot. Your minigames have gotten more and more intriguing over time. Even though I gotta say that at times I felt the complex mechanisms behind the idea made it only the more difficult to understand, in general I always found them to be highly enjoyable and - for me personally - a nice break from the usual Flood stuff. You've improved a lot over the years and by doing so earned yourself a spot amongst the best known forgers out there. Keep it up, I love your maps.

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Excellent stuff, Stoot. Your minigames have gotten more and more intriguing over time. Even though I gotta say that at times I felt the complex mechanisms behind the idea made it only the more difficult to understand, in general I always found them to be highly enjoyable and - for me personally - a nice break from the usual Flood stuff. You've improved a lot over the years and by doing so earned yourself a spot amongst the best known forgers out there. Keep it up, I love your maps.
I appreciate the comment REM. The only thing I regret with the complexity of the maps comes a lack of replay value. But Thank you this is why I still forge is because of people like you giving me support. :y: Thank you.