Map Preview Cédricville Unleashed

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Cédricville Unleashed__________________________________________________________________

It has been too long since I posted a Map Preview, and since I'm anything but done forging I figured I'd go ahead and show you guys one of the latest projects I've been working on. This is Cédricville Unleashed, a spiritual successor to urban Infection maps such as Deadborough and 8 O'Clock Reminiscence, in which I'm trying to optimize its typical gameplay to the best of my abilities by taking what worked in both aforementioned maps and combining it into a World War 2 themed village map, set somewhere in the rural regions of Normandy, France.
Like I just mentioned, "Cédric" brings back the popular style of vertical building gameplay combined with vehicular accessability and urban environments. Although this map is technically not placed in an urban setting, it will still remind players of the other city maps I made and will definitely provide multiple fun ways to survive and keep off the undead.
Anything related to World War 2 has always had my interest and this doesn't exclude video games. I was digging the older Call of Duty games and had always wanted to somehow implement a WW2 environment into a custom map in a Halo title. It is now that I've finally succeded in doing so. Although gameplay wise this map still needs lots of testing and tweaking, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give you a sphere impression of what I've been working on by presenting the following picture for your pleasure. Feel free to leave your thoughts and impressions down below. I'd love to hear what you'd like me to include in this WW2 village because I'm likely to overhaul its current layout to bring something better to the table. (The buildings below will remain present in the final version though, don't worry about that.)

8wh7.jpg

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Thanks guys! I'm glad the theme is clearly recognizable.
More pictures soon!

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
REM, this is looking spectacular. Keep me posted on the progress, I'd love to play on the finished version. You've truly managed to capture my attention with this one picture. Amazing work.

Reactions: REMkings

SpartanPeter

Novice
Jan 18, 2013
Just as interested here, the detail is incredible. I'm talking about the chimney's, the windows and that cross made out of a lot of strong-boxes too. Very creative, just like the details on Deadborough and Far from Eden. Looking forward to seeing the map.
Never saw this preview on Forgehub, better be active here too then from now on!

Definitely, because this is where BIOC always organises its lobbies! So if you want to join the BIOC lobbies again, this is the place to be. ;)
PS: I did actually post a preview on ForgeHub as well though. :)

I will get my NAT open soon, not only then I can always join your lobby's for a change, I can then also show my maps. I'm going to sketch and forge a lot of maps this week, that is what I have planned.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Just as interested here, the detail is incredible. I'm talking about the chimney's, the windows and that cross made out of a lot of strong-boxes too. Very creative, just like the details on Deadborough and Far from Eden. Looking forward to seeing the map.
Never saw this preview on Forgehub, better be active here too then from now on!
Definitely, because this is where BIOC always organises its lobbies! So if you want to join the BIOC lobbies again, this is the place to be. ;)

PS: I did actually post a preview on ForgeHub as well though. :)

SpartanPeter

Novice
Jan 18, 2013

I saw the video. With that, I finally got to see Cedricville, and I must say it looks great.
I was very curious about the buildings, you were going for a WW2 style and to be honest in Halo 4's forge that is pretty hard. But you delivered, I was mostly impressed with the church, that really reminded me the most of a WW2, destroyed village. The other buildings are really impressive too, and some aesthetic's that you came up with are pretty good.
Finally, the black and white filter really finishes it off. I only have one thing to note on this map. Though I liked the Warthog track in Deadborough and 8'O Clock Remniscene (Oh I messed that title up badly), this one seems a little bit off. The angled ramps looks a bit out of place to me. Nevertheless, gameplay goes before aesthetic's and I am sure this was the right decision.

You pulled off, again, a great urban map to play on with a really unique style. Well done as always!

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I hope to release a second, revamped version of this map very soon. Stay tuned!

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Unfortunately I ran out of budget so I had to drastically decrease the size of the building shown in the image. Also, the lamp has been tweaked a little to suit more realistic proportions.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I'll be posting a new picture of the map soon. Things are starting to look more like it. :)

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Note one of the two lights from the lamp is missing (last picture). I had to remove it in order to gain more budget, even though I liked the look with two lights instead of just one better, personally.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Yay, another update. The map is now almost done. The most important issue at this point is balancing out the Warthog, because the rooftops seem to be okay at this point. Here are a few more screenshots for your pleasure.

CU1_zps47bf912c.jpg

CU2_zps9c0e58c5.jpg

CU3_zps4ca8e71b.jpg

CU4_zpsfdd18499.jpg

CU5_zps946b3479.jpg

CU6_zpsfc139481.jpg

CU7_zps9a9ffca8.jpg

CU8_zps81dc4d9c.jpg

CU9_zpse8afaf57.jpg

As you might be able to tell from the pictures, the rooftops are definitely the safest locations on the map. It is therefore recommended that you take refuge on top of either one of the buildings. They are greatly interconnected so don't forget about checking the other buildings too, or a zombie might be able to flank you. The warthog is generally not your best bet at survival, but it will grant you a lot of kills regardless and it helps distracting the zombies to protect and help out the humans inside and around the buildings.